2019 Fishing Pics

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mrittman, Jul 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mrittman

mrittman

Hasn't been the best year for fishing here in Iowa, but this is what I've got. The first time we went didn't catch much, which is the photo of me in red. The second time I went with my dad on Father's Day and we caught about 8 bluegill at a little pond. They were biting like crazy. Took them home and cleaned em and had a nice lunch!

Attached Files:

2. collim1

collim1 5ft of fury. The champ is back!

Been a slow year for me. I haven’t had much time to fish this year.

This little guy came out of a 350 acre private lake.

3lbs 2oz

[​IMG]

gjarcher and glock_collector like this.

3. gjarcher

gjarcher Captain USN ret.

Nice bluegill ... good size to them! If you don't mind filleting them, basted with garlic butter under a broiler makes what I call a "poor-man's lobster".

My fishing season has been a bust so far. First, Colorado had from 250% to 1300% of normal snow pack which made access to the high country well after the 4th of July, and some areas won't be accessible until August. Second, the runoff has had all rivers and streams at full bank or flood stage, unfishable until recently ... great for the rafters and rafting outfitters!. Now, it is lightening and thunderstorms almost every afternoon, which make being on a high country lake in a float tube holding a 9' carbon flyrod a sure way to get on Darwin's List of Stupid.

This is an image of the Animas River in late-June, which should have been prime-time Blue Ribbon Trout waters, instead my wife and I rode the Durango&Silverton Narrow Gage Railroad and spent the weekend in Durango ... one of those, "I'd rather been fishing" moments.:crying:
    AnimasR.jpg

CanyonMan likes this.