2019 College Football Thread...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by airmotive, Aug 19, 2019.

1. railfancwb

railfancwb

Isn’t LSU #2? If they beat Bama, that might keep Bama out of the SEC championship game. And if Bama doesn’t play in and win that game, will they even be in the hunt for national Championship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  2. JMag

JMag

LSU moved to number one this week.As to your questions:

1. Yes
    2. Bama could still get in; happened before.

3. reniram

reniram

Ole Miss could still beat LSU - a guy can dream, can't he :) ?

In other news the 'Canes beat Pitt :dancing:

4. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Helps when they get VOTED into the opportunity, even if it is a rematch against a team that already beat them.

5. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Precisely my point.

6. Blackshirt

Blackshirt

I'm an LSU/Saints/Astros fan. What a weekend!

7. JMag

JMag

I’m with you on the latter two...

8. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Anybody going to the UGA v Florida game next Saturday?

Paging @studawg170 . Please pick up the white courtesy phone in the lobby.

9. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

well my Texas Tech Red Raiders have hit rock bottom this year.......bring on basketball season ! lol

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    cyberghostx13 likes this.
  10. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well my team Notre Dame shares that same space. UFO(Rock Group 70s/80s) played a song about this area called, appropriately "Rock Bottom". I think the playoffs will be SOSDD, same-same with the National Championship. Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Clemson...just mix and match, but in the end my money is on the team that sells soap. Later.

PS: Chicago Bears University also shares that "Rock Bottom". Almost in SB last year, to a big, fat "Nose-Dive" this year, and I'm not laying it all yon the field goal kicker either. The offense has been so bad that they are taking the defense along with them. Bear season is over. If they played Alabama, the Bears would get whooped 28-0. Vent over, Sayonara.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  11. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I will always root for ND, I have no choice. But after the Michigan game I don’t have much interest in the rest of this season. Kelly needs to pull the trigger and bench Book, see if Jurkovec can actually be next year’s QB because Book needs to transfer to a MAC team. He has no chance whatsoever to play at the next level, so get his ND degree and move on.

If Kelly does not replace QB coach, OL coach, and OC he is a moron. The only exception may possibly be OC, since his game plans are handcuffed by poor talent at the skill positions. They will have more talent there next year.

12. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well ditto on the always root for. I may get really PO'd at ND, but I will always stick with them, same as the Chicago Bears. I still think it's time for a coaching change at Notre Dame, starting with Kelly. However I'm far from an expert on these things. It's not been a good football year for me with both the Irish and the Bears both knocked out of even the remotest hint of even gettin' in a playoff game. At least the S.F 49ers are 7-0, and I just love Kittles and also that bad-a** defense. Sayonara.

13. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Nice to see Penn State in the top 4 for the playoffs. Ultimately either PSU or tOSU will probably make the playoff, but not both.

Clemson will make it because they play no one. If they lose to anyone on their schedule, they don’t deserve to make the playoff.

LSU and Bama play each other, but the loser could conceivably recover.

Oregon or Utah could make it if one wins out. Same with Oklahoma and Baylor.

Minnesota could conceivably make it if they win out, but they got to 8-0 playing no one as well. Penn State should take care of them this weekend.

Rotn1 and Officer's Match like this.
  14. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Looking forward to Saturday, particularly to see how Ohio State looks after a bye and starting the CFP rankings at the top.

15. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I doubt the Buckeyes will even raise a sweat beating down a 44 1/2 point underdog Maryland team.

16. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Penn State, OSU, and Minnesota will sort themselves out. Only one is getting in. That means that Clemson is in if we (they) win out.

Clemson - hey, we tried. A&M was ranked at the start of the season. They might be decent - I think their losses are to Alabama, Auburn, and maybe LSU?. South Carolina - weeeellllllll - by state law we gotta play them.

I could see a scenario where Bama loses without Tua (ruled out this weekend), then gets in by sitting on their asses while LSU has to play UGA (I guess). It's happened before. Because Bama.

Not sure on Okie/Baylor or Oregon/Utah. There may be pressure to let a PAC-12 team in after the past couple of years.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    Rotn1 likes this.
  17. SC Tiger

SC Tiger As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Same Pitt team that gave PSU a handfull I think.

reniram likes this.
  18. reniram

reniram

Miami has had a weird season - they beat Virginia but lost to Georgia Tech - go figure :dunno:. I don't dislike Pitt, but I was glad Miami beat them since Pitt spoiled their undefeated record a couple of years ago. And beating the 'Noles last weekend in Tallahassee was sweet.

19. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Except that now there's a complication: Chase Young, OSU's star defensive lineman, has been suspended while the school looks into "possible NCAA violations".
    It's problematic on a number of levels, not that Ohio State needs Young in the lineup for this particular game. But if it ends Young's season, it could cause issues. And, worse, if this so-called "NCAA violation" results in some kind of punishment to the Buckeyes, it could wipe out their national championship possibilities.

20. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

That’s not their biggest worry the biggest worry is winning the rest of their season clean which might not happen.
    Penn State might be able to put together a solid season

Rotn1 likes this.