2019 College Football Thread...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by airmotive, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

I'm sitting here ready for the UGA - SC game. Black hair bow today.

I didn't cook anything, but there are hot dogs and hamburgers in the fridge in case anyone drops by.

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  2. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I had ta bike to the store early like just before nine. My city has an Art & Wine Festival and my grocery store is right at the end. They are all setting up their stuff. I had to get some donuts, hamgurger and buns for today. Gonna be around 75 degrees today, no wind, "Indian Summer" continues, so I'll be puttin' some burgers on da grill, right around when the [email protected] Dame starts.

Now about your fav, and my second fav, GEORGIA. After getting home after going to the store I turned on the TV and the Georgia game with a minute or so left in the half, just enough to catch a "Pic-Six" by South Carolina. Well Georgia will take care of business in the second half and I am confident they will come from behind and win the game. GO GEORGIA!!!

GO NOTRE DAME!!!

SAYONARA.

3. Hannie Caulder

I am being blamed for the UGA loss because I didn't make jambalaya.

So I guess it's my fault LOL.

G19 DB likes this.
  4. cyberghostx13

Not a very well coached game by Georgia, so it wasn't your fault. Sad, very sad to be beaten by an unranked team in your own house. Poor UGA must have been throwing up in his doghouse. So it was a bittersweet day for me, sure dampened the day even when Notre Dame beat USC. South Carolina's HUNGER beat Georgia's HOMEFIELD. Still, a lot of football left in the season. Sayonara.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Hannie Caulder and czsmithGT like this.
  5. cyberghostx13

Long delay in post being actually posted causing a triple post. Later.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  6. cyberghostx13

Such a huge delay in post being posted, caused a triple- header posting. Later.

7. Hannie Caulder

I'm sure Uga was fine, laying on his bag of ice LOL.

Hopefully the Dawgs learned from this and now know they have to do more than just show up to win, even in Sanford Stadium. Some big games coming up, Florida and Auburn.

8. OUSooner

OUSooner

Ain't nothing like beating Texas!

9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Gotta' say, the backup QB's aren't looking too shabby (Jalen Hurts, Joe Burrow & Justin Fields).

OUSooner likes this.
  10. OUSooner

OUSooner

11. cyberghostx13

Why sure there is...Notre Dame beating USC... The longest cross-country rivalry there is.
    Sayonara.

czsmithGT likes this.
  12. G19 DB

G19 DB

13. Beendare

Beendare Stick and String, SME, NRA life member

Yeah we went to the game -travelled from CA as it was my sons 21st birthday-a junior at ND. Pretty exciting.

I dunno about the rankings though. Cmon, I'm a fan but ND ranked above Georgia...when Georgia beat them a few weeks ago? Silly. I don't get why ND is ranked so high as their schedule is so weak.

I'm not impressed with the GA QB thats supposed to be such hot stuff.

I am really looking forward to that Bama/LSU game in a few weeks. Coach O has turned that program around....bringing in the Saints QB coach and others that have really helped that program. I think that game is a toss up.

Contrast that to USC that can get the same quality of recruits and isn't even ranked.

czsmithGT and cyberghostx13 like this.
  14. cyberghostx13

Well here is my take on that ratings business. First it's an ever flowing kinda rocket science. What I think happened was Notre Dame lost a very, very close game AT Georgia ranked 3 at the time. Georgia lost at HOME to an unranked team. At least Notre Dame won for your special road trip game, that's what's most important. GO IRISH!!! Sayonara.

czsmithGT likes this.
  15. ESAFO

ESAFO

It's all politics & has been for many yrs, kinda funny when Sat College Gameday comes on to watch those guy's scramble through the show to do there best to avoid "The Question"
    Love the show & the guy's they are great, but after weeks like last week to yet again see the standings just makes you :dunno:
    Certain conferences do nothing wrong & others are'nt even on the map.
    Lose a game within the 1rst couple of weeks & drop 2 spots, lose a game week 10 & now your off the charts.
    Then the team that lost early in the yr is in the playoffs, while the other team with identical record is playing a bowl game before Thanksgiving........

OH-IO

16. cyberghostx13

Well usually at the end of the regular season at least two of the four playoff teams are undefeated, so a team that doesn't want to fret about anything needs to be one of those teams. I don't like OHIO STATE but that doesn't change the fact they are a very, very, good team this year. If they keep it up they'll be one of those two teams. Shoot, I just hope Notre Dame gets there(Playoffs). GO IRISH!!! Next year College Gameday kicks off in DUBLIN, IRELAND! OOORAH!!!

czsmithGT likes this.
  17. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I would like to see the Irish make the playoffs but it won't happen for 2 reasons:

1. They have huge talent and speed compared to recent Irish teams, but they do have some pretty big holes. I think next year they will be unbeatable.

2. ND is probably the only "Power 5" team that absolutely can not make a 4 team playoff with one loss. Everyone says- well they should joing a conference- Bull. My only gripe is that there is any chance whatsoever, under the current 4 team playoff scheme, for teams in a conference to have an opportunity to make the final 4 if they do not win their Conference championship.

In an ideal world as far as I am concerned, there would be no conference championship games, all teams would play 12 games, and there would be an 8 team playoff. No FBS team that plays an FCS team would be eligble to make the playoffs.

18. cyberghostx13

Holy Mackeral!!! Illinois upsets Wisconsin. At home, Illinois a usual bottom-feeder of Big Ten upsets Wisconsin 24-23!!! WTG Illinois!!! Sayonara.

Officer's Match likes this.
  19. cyberghostx13

Well Halloween will be on a Thursday, and there will be a college football game on that night. I think the game will be on ESPN. Anyway, it will be West Virginia vs. Baylor in Waco, Texas. Guess ya might say it's gonna be a little wild in Waco on a Thurday night, that like oh, just happens to be HALLOWEEN 2019. I'm not a fan of either team, but I will be watching for sure. BOO!

20. cyberghostx13

Well I guess the Sooner Schooner crash was just a hint at another crash. The #5 Sooners lose at Kansas State...holy mackeral!!! image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sayonara.

Officer's Match and czsmithGT like this.