close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2016 Obama's America - Movie

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dexters, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Dexters

Dexters

http://2016themovie.com/

I saw this movie last night. It gives a context and helps to explain Obama's actions in the context of anti-colonialism.

In short - he sees the USA similar to Great Britain a nation that exploited its colonies for their resources and abused the local people. His father worked against colonialism and so is Obama "Dream FROM* My Farther"

The movie again points out how little we know about this man. I'm sure if Obama was a Republican we would have had network news documentaries every week about each person in his life.

The people that should see it, will not. I walked out really afraid of Obama getting a second term and him not concerned at all with another election or that of the Democrat elections during his term.

*Not OF

2. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

It doesn't matter what documentaries show about these people. It won't change a thing. The people who like the "D" by his name will defend him and say it's all lies. For the people that don't like the "D" by his name, this will probably be their "Fahrenheit 9/11".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

America survived two terms of Dubya and before that two terms of Klinton. Methinks that America will be OK even if Obama were to go two terms.

4. Dexters

Dexters

What do you think about the movie?

5. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Waiting for an answer.

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Don't know. Haven't watched it, and don't plan on watching it.

7. PaulMason

PaulMason

Maybe take a break from posting and go see it.

• Total Posts: 45,731
    • Posts Per Day: 10.60

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Why? To watch another "OMG the sky is falling because Obama is killing America"? No thanks. I'd rather spend my money on ammo.

9. PaulMason

PaulMason

No, no, no, so that you have something to contribute to the thread.

10. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Have you seen it? Can you give us a good, detailed description what you think, so skeptics like falman and myself can go watch it?

I mean since you RARELY post here, you have all the time in the world, right?

11. PaulMason

PaulMason

None of us has all the time in the world. We only have the time we are given.

I didn't want to step on Dexters discussion with falman but, it is helpful if those commenting on it actually saw the film or knew about the books. I haven't seen the movie yet. So I won't give you a detailed description of the movie. I read what Dinesh D'Souza wrote in his books. He is in the movie. He as written two books that are the basis for the movie - The Roots of Obama's Rage and Obama's America: Unmaking the American Dream. What I found interesting is the anti-colonialism explanation for Obama's actions. That was the focus of his father. It was interesting that although Obama only met his father once and corresponded some, it was the mother who told Obama about his father's politics. Also, that his father married his mother when he was 23 and his mother was 17. I could see Obama's father being the love of her life and wanting to keep his memory alive. The anti-colonialism way of understanding Obama's actions is interesting. In Obama's book 'Dreams From My Father' he does talk about, anti-colonialism and neo colonialism. The books draw from that book and the people in it who influenced Obama. The concept of looking at Obama's past and those that influenced him is not unusual, especially since he writes about them in his books.

Have you read the books?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dinesh-DSouza/e/B000AP8156"]Amazon.com: Dinesh D'Souza: Books, Biography, Blog, Audiobooks, Kindle@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/01Px86uLUkL.@@AMEPARAM@@01Px86uLUkL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Roots-Obamas-Rage-Dinesh-DSouza/dp/1596982764/ref=la_B000AP8156_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1345136183&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: The Roots of Obama's Rage (9781596982765): Dinesh D'Souza: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TPFKDYtkL.@@AMEPARAM@@51TPFKDYtkL[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Obamas-America-Unmaking-American-Dream/dp/1596987782/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b"]Obama's America: Unmaking the American Dream: Dinesh D'Souza: 9781596987784: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51zPiqVuh2L.@@AMEPARAM@@51zPiqVuh2L[/ame]

12. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

So basically, you're going off topic talking about some guy's books, instead of talking about the movie at hand that's supposed to be discussed.

Pot, meet kettle.

13. PaulMason

PaulMason

No, no, no, you don't understand. The 2016 is just a audio and video presentation of the books. Dinesh D'Souza wrote the books and presents the movie. Of course the movie can not be as long as the books. :whistling::faint:

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I am contributing to the thread just by posting - my greatness and wisdom are there for all to avail themselves with.

15. mgs

mgs Always Carrying Millennium Member

What I got from the Trailer is....we (the USA) are to be a Third World Country? Guess what.....a lot of killing and taking happens in second and third world countries. I guess we will be the few prepared. I would not waste my time or money to see that movie.....someone is bound to shoot the screen anyway.

16. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

+1 I don't care to see it either.

Why I'm I going to watch a movie about a Democrat President made by a hard core conservative and political activist like Dinesh D'Souza.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D'Souza

For the recored I feel the same way about Michael Moore and Fahrenheit 9/11, its all political propanganda.

I always wondered why Germans would line up to watch Triumph of Will and other propandanda movies. Same with the Soviets. It simply amazes me how our country is doing the same thing.

That being said I'll give you this much, I can understand how a boy would idolize his father...but you guys do understand that Barack Obama's Mother and Maternal grandparents raised him. Barack Obama Sr. left his wife and child when President Obama was 2 years old, and they only met him one more time in 1971 when he was 10. In essence he barely knew the man and got all his info about him from his Mother.

To say that Barack Obama Jr has all the political views and beliefs as his father is like saying someone who is a big fan of the Act of Valor movie is a Navy SEAL.

What I will say is I do have concerns about Obama and his views on American because I think he is incompentent and his view on how things work are flawed. However I don't think he is an evil manchurian candidate, like the far right wants you to believe. That is Tin Foil talk and pure propanganda scare tactics.

17. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Not just Obama, all of our government officials are incompetent. They're messing things up so bad, is it really because they're rock stupid? Or are they really trying to destroy America as we know it. The end result is shaping up to be the same. I don't think asking the question of whether or not they're stupid or sabotaging is really that far out conspiracy theory tin foil hat crazy.

18. Dexters

Dexters

Underlined part addressed in full and takes up a large part of the movie.

Bolded part also addressed in the movie but not seeing a movie as in your example but having the father killed in war.

I didn't read the books.

19. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

You understand that Obama Book "Dreams of My Father" is not about the goals and ambitions his father Dreamed about, but is an autobiography of a Obama growing up as Black Kid growing up with a single white mom and her family. He is having dreams of his father that he never knew.

Again I think Obama's childhood was pretty screwed up, being a black kid in a rich white family and never really knowing his father. You can see WHY he seems to be focused on his "Blackness" even though he was never raise in a black household. THAT bothers me, because instead of being raised as a bi-racial kid, I think he learned to dislike white people and clung to radicals in a sad attempt to psychologically find the love his father never gave him.

That said I hate when people schew what "Dreams of my father" really means to forward a political agenda.

Is Obama a anti colonialist with dreams for downgrading American power in the world? No not really.

Is Obama a racist, who's father figures, role models and mentors include some 60's radicals and socialsist? Sure that is believeable and proveable

20. Dexters

Dexters

You understand that Obama Book title is: "Dreams FROM My Father"

The movie address your points as I said above.

What rich family did he grow up in? His grandfather was a private in the army and worked in furniture stores.