2016 Election and stocking up... how are you preparing?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Lowcountry_Glocker, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I don't want to make this a political thread, but given the upcoming election, I've been wondering what fellow GTers are doing in case another AWB or the like potentially gets passed. as we well know, Shrillary and that commie Sanders support a new AWB.
    Are you planning on buying any new rifles or high (aka standard) cap mags before the election? Stocking up on powder and components?
    Myself, I'd like to acquire another rifle, at the very least a AK, to compliment my AR. I would like to own many, but current finances prevent it. Unfortunately, just starting off in the world of shooting in 2014 doesn't allow me the time to build the collection I'd like SHOULD any silly anti crap get passed.
    In the end, I'll wind up with a G21 to compliment my G20 and G22, and perhaps another rifle, as mentioned. not to mention stupid amounts of powder and primers to last eat least 2 years.
    So, what's your plan? Anything?

2. nmk

nmk

The gun industry is beyond excited and gun forums will fan the flames. If you want something get it now.

FLIPPER 348 likes this.

3. First shot

First shot

I have all the handguns I need, plus shotguns and hunting rifles. The only thing that I don't have is a high capacity, 30 round , semi auto rifle. My son has an Olympic AR-15 223, and it's been a good shooter and reliable. I'm thinking of getting one. Any pros or cons? $ are a factor. I'm looking for under $ 900. First shot.

4. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

can't speak to that specific one, but I did get a DD at the 1K mark, typically they MRSP at $13-500 for the model I have. insane deal on Gunbroker, and the rifle is outstanding.

5. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I agree. I AM content with what I have now (less the G21, plus a ton of swap in barrels for fun calibers like .45 super, 9x25 dillon, .357 sig, etc.), more or less concerned that this time around, components will be targeted. As I said, I reload, if they ban powders or shipping on powders, I'm pretty much dead in the water :(
    Never know what they'll target next.

6. TK-421

TK-421

The only thing I'd do is buy a Colt LE6920, or two, to sell during any future panic, if a panic does occur and people start paying out the butt for them.

7. K. Foster

K. Foster

After seeing the crazy prices and empty shelves initiated by the ‘94 Clinton/Brady ban, I promised myself I’d do the boy scout thing and always be prepared. I keep a good supply AR mags, pistol mags, spare parts and plenty of ammo (you can never have too much). I have plenty of factory standard capacity.
    My motto is buy cheap and stockpile. When the Sandy Hook panic began, I was ready. I didn’t buy any guns, mags or ammo for about 14 months and still maintained a regular shooting schedule. In fact, I sold an AR for 3 times what it was normally worth and the buyer was glad to get it.
    I may buy another AR upper in the near future, if the mood strikes me but I’m sitting pretty good. My advice is get what you can now. Because it’s more a matter of when there will be another panic, not if....

8. selogic

selogic

I'll wait till the right moment then buy a bunch of 30 rd mags to use as trading material . I have all of the guns I really need .

9. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am going to get a couple of cases of ammunition to stash and hide somewhere in a wide spot in one of the inter-Walmart tunnels near the FEMA relocation camp I expect to be quarantined in sometime after the State Department shuts down ALL the internet gun sites but before they start adding hallucinogens to the chemtrails.

10. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL

This is the first time I have agreed with something you have posted.

Jason D and Joshhtn like this.
  11. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

I started stocking up during the Clinton days. Then quadrupled my efforts when obama appeared on the scene and it appeared that people were going to be stupid enough to vote for this clown.

I'm OK. :)

I would buy 50-60 thousand rounds of 22LR at a pre obama price though.

12. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I'm no conspiracy theorist! hahaha. just trying to get an idea of what yall are doing (if anything) to prepare.
    as I said, my main concern is the potential shut down of reloading supplies like powder and primers, and a potential AWB.
    Again, being only 23, I haven;t had the chance to amass quite the collection I'd like, and finances prevent mass splurging ATM.

13. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

it's a great idea, I'm just unsure if I can spend that money on something that MAY happen.
    If I stock up on components, I'll be happy shooting. an AR bought specifically to flip would just be sitting in my closet as a $700 door stop.

14. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Absentee ballots.

:elephant:

LASTRESORT20 likes this.
  15. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    I am just thinking about it but it might be more secure than money in a 401K. Don't they say to diversify?:2gun:

Jason D likes this.
  16. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

don't see a ban coming, and too broke to stock up.

17. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

it's surely open to interpretation :supergrin:

18. papershoot

papershoot

I have almost enough personal defense ammo and guns, but should probably put away some 9mm and 5.56 target ammo. I have been on a 38/.357 kick lately and am good on powder and primers.

19. TK-421

TK-421

I think of it like this, if a panic happens then I'm golden, I can sell it for 2-3x what I paid for it, and then get an SBR and a can when the crisis is over, along with money left over for an optic, or ammo, and if a panic doesn't happen, then I have another rifle. I don't mind either option. I'd sure like an SBR with a silencer, but I'd also take another LE6920, since, as they say, two is one and one is none. So I could use another 6920 as a backup to the one I have now.

Plus, it's such a great excuse to buy more guns.

20. ken grant

ken grant

Well fixed on everything . Ammo, mags, guns , reloading and even 22 LR ammo :supergrin: