Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a 2011 pistol (double stack) that is chambered in 45 ACP?

I know STI used to make one but they have stopped the production.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Infinity will build you one (for a price) and they make STI feel like junk.

By the way, 2011 is an STI term, not a model.

You know I kept searching YouTube this morning and found a pistol I may be interested in. It is a Company called Triarc and it makes different models of 2011 "style" pistols. Meaning 1911 style pistols with double stack magazines. Which is what I want to look into. They have one called the TR-11 Commander Size and it looks really great. However just the basic model without any options is $2,999 so not cheap.

·
Registered
126,360 Posts
You know I kept searching YouTube this morning and found a pistol I may be interested in. It is a Company called Triara and it makes different models of 2011 "style" pistols. Meaning 1911 style pistols with double stack magazines. Which is what I want to look into. They have one called the TR-11 Commander Size and it looks really great. However just the basic model without any options is $2,999 so not cheap.
I’ve heard of them. Never shot or even handled one.

If they’re decent, it would be a good deal less than Infinity

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Paraordance made one in the past but is now out of business.

ou might be able to find a used one and if that is an interest for you I would recommend that you get an early one made in Canada. The company has a dismal financial past and some say the later models were also dismal as to function and accuracy. I think they moved to South Carolina or Florida and the problems started to show up then, I think. Also they were acquired even after that by a larger OEM as a separate line and then dropped from that. Where they are now, if still around, nobody knows!!!

I have an early one made in Canada and love it and it's accuracy. If you find a Canadian one that fits your requirements I would buy it if I were you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
I don't think they are in current production but Remington made a few models for a while, basically re branded Para Ordinance.

Mine runs great.

Edit:. Also looks like the Staccato R by STI is still offered in .45 according to their website.

Edit 2: Bul offers a few models too

https://www.bularmory.com/catalog/carry-government/

Reactions: Seaweed02

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,641 Posts
Seaweed02, I realize it's not a 2011 model, but I really like my double stack G3 Model 21 chambered in 45ACP. It seems to like me pretty well too, as I've had it for about twelve years now and shot it fairly regularly. Don't recall any performance issues. Always fires when I pull the trigger. It's my nightstand pistol. You might want to consider that one also. I didn't pay anywhere near $3,000.00 for it. Seems like it was around $400.00 new. I just don't remember. Good luck in your search.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Seaweed02, I realize it's not a 2011 model, but I really like my double stack G3 Model 21 chambered in 45ACP. It seems to like me pretty well too, as I've had it for about twelve years now and shot it fairly regularly. Don't recall any performance issues. Always fires when I pull the trigger. It's my nightstand pistol. You might want to consider that one also. I didn't pay anywhere near $3,000.00 for it. Seems like it was around $400.00 new. I just don't remember. Good luck in your search.
I have a Glock 21SF Gen 3 with a Charlie Vanek trigger in it and I do like it very much. I actually posted a thread here not too long ago complaining about the magazine not dropping free, and having to reach up with my support hand to remove it. However it turned out to be just that magazine. It had been a month of Sundays since I had shot it and I had to look for the magazines for it, but when I found them they all dropped free like they're supposed to.

Until recently when I discovered the Glock 45 and Glock 19X, the only Glocks I owned were the G21SF and a Gen 4 Glock 20. I liked to call them the big boys because they sure do fill the hand.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't think they are in current production but Remington made a few models for a while, basically re branded Para Ordinance.

Mine runs great.

Edit:. Also looks like the Staccato R by STI is still offered in .45 according to their website.

Edit 2: Bul offers a few models too

https://www.bularmory.com/catalog/carry-government/
Yes but the Staccato R is a single stack. So more like a traditional 1911 of which I have several. I have 5 1911's but almost never shoot them. One a cheap RIA in 9mm with a 38 super barrel, another is a Kimber Eclipse Custom II in 10mm, and another Kimber Eclipse Custom II in 45 ACP. Then I have two medium end pistols both in 45 ACP. A Les Baer Custom Carry, and an Ed Brown Special Forces.

Now the Bul Armory you mentioned is an idea. I even think the SAS UL pistol I just ordered in 9mm also can be ordered in 45 ACP now that you mention it. I'll have to check into it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I know STI used to make one but they have stopped the production.
I think STI changed their name to Staccato. I guess they finally noticed that STI stands for sexually transmitted illness. I live about 2 miles from them if anyone wants me to drive by there and see what they are doing after all this pandemic stuff is over.

·
Registered
8,093 Posts
Yes but the Staccato R is a single stack. So more like a traditional 1911 of which I have several. I have 5 1911's but almost never shoot them
Doh, I missed that. It's an awful shame what STI... er Staccato now ... has done to their lineup. I knew I should have snagged that used Tac 4.0 when I had the chance.

As noted above, RIA does make an option.

·
Premium Member
22,822 Posts
Doh, I missed that. It's an awful shame what STI... er Staccato now ... has done to their lineup. I knew I should have snagged that used Tac 4.0 when I had the chance.
Apparently the 2011 patent expired and it became difficult to compete in the competition market that they once dominated.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts