Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we all know that Hyundai makes a version of this car for $9995. This thread is not intended to be about the reliability, durability, quality of this car, or a pissing match about funding Korea or buying american. Simply this: I have heard that Hyundai will not allow one to finance the $9995 model, that you have to buy the $13,995 model for financing. I have heard the $9995 model is a cash only car. Is this ture? If it is it doesn't make much sense. Most people looking at a $10 grand car can't pay cash to begin with. It's kind of like teasing the customer. "If you can't afford 10K cash, were gonna charge you an extra 4K." Is there any truth to this? If so, what are your thoughts? (about the situation, not the car.)

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
I've never heard of such a thing.

As to the point that you don't want to talk about, I owned a first generation Tiburon and kick myself every time I think about it for selling it. Hyundai makes great cars.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep. I'd consider one for traveling to school and work. However, I don't have 10K laying around. I could maybe put $3500 down on one.

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
Go and ask. It can't hurt.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ive never heard of such a thing...but even if it is true, there is nothing stopping you from going to a bank, getting the loan, and then taking the banks check to the dealer and paying "cash".

Just a little more leg work on your end.

·
hates you
32,672 Posts
Ive never heard of such a thing...but even if it is true, there is nothing stopping you from going to a bank, getting the loan, and then taking the banks check to the dealer and paying "cash".

That's a good point.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

true. I didnt think about that.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,532 Posts
Never hears that. . But you could always look at the Kia Rio instead. . Same car with nicer skin/interior. . .

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Get a loan from a credit union.

The terms are FAR better than from the dealership, anyways.

They will loan money on a new car, with better rates, than on many used cars.

That's because they KNOW the exact value of the car you are buying...and how much it will be worth in 2 or 3 years.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts

That's because they KNOW the exact value of the car you are buying...and how much it will be worth in 2 or 3 years.
Not always true. I just got 2.9% on my Sonata.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thats what I did with 2 of my last 3 vehicles. Paid cash for one.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
If they are insisting you pay cash they are doing you a favor, it just doesn't feel that way.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Don't finance a car through a dealership. Banks and credit unions will make loans on cars if you have a decent credit rating. Also, if $10,000 is your limit on a vehicle, look around for a 2 or 3 year old car with a clean record and good rating from Consumer's Guide. The smell of a new car fades fast and the depreciation when you drive it off the lot is a financial hit. A 2-3 year old car with 10,000 miles on it is often a really good deal and a better vehicle than a price beater from Hyundai or anyone else.:wavey:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't finance a car through a dealership. Banks and credit unions will make loans on cars if you have a decent credit rating. Also, if $10,000 is your limit on a vehicle, look around for a 2 or 3 year old car with a clean record and good rating from Consumer's Guide. The smell of a new car fades fast and the depreciation when you drive it off the lot is a financial hit. A 2-3 year old car with 10,000 miles on it is often a really good deal and a better vehicle than a price beater from Hyundai or anyone else.:wavey:
I agree with you. I actually am not looking to purchase a Hyundai. Too small for me. I just found that rumor through some research on cars available in the 10K range and wanted to see if anyone else had heard it. I can get a 2009 Cobalt 4cyl 5spd with 16K miles for $8500, so I wouldn't buy the hyundai anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts