2010 New Projects

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by CatsMeow, Jan 4, 2010.

1. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Hi all,

New toy:
    [​IMG]

Old lower, new upper:cool::
    [​IMG]

Specs: Noveske N4 Light Basic Carbine 14.5" upper (with auto BCG, permanently attached Vortex flash hider and Troy BUIS), Aimpoint M3 2MOA optic on LaRue LT150 mount, Daniel Defense Omega carbine rail with three (3) packs worth of MagPul XTM rail covers, Falcon Industries ambi Ergo Suregrip, Vltor E-Mod on a CMT/Stag 6-position milspec tube.

Seems MagPul, Falcon Industries and Vltor have different views on what FDE should be...:supergrin:

Next will be a sling... BRD is a heck of a thing...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  2. Sweater

Sweater

Catsmeow,Thats a very nice TOY .You are right about the shades of FDE colors of each manufacturer,like Viking tactics FDE is different from FDE shade of Magpul and others.I hope to try your NEW toy this year when I come home--------Sweater

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010

3. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

4. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

5. ess45

ess45

Nice cold hammer forged barrel. Bakit pinned FH, hindi naman bawal dyan.

DD Omega rail is 7".

6. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Yeah you're right, it's 7", I was thinking of the DD Omega 9" offered by rsaki (a steal at that price, BTW). As for the pinned FH, it came that way, removal would mean the destruction of a perfectly good Vortex, so I'll leave it as is.

One thing I learned about the Omega, a handguard removal tool is definitely recommended, to help retract the delta ring, I borrowed one but since I installed it in the office, I left the lower at home, so couldn't use it. After a lot of grunting and sweating, it was installed.:supergrin:

7. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

wow nice projects sir cats

8. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

Atty CM... A great nice gift from last Christmas from you to you :whistling:

Congrats and enjoy your gift.... You still have a few days to let it sing before the choir will be silenced for a few months... :supergrin:

9. akula

akula BizDuc NM Millennium Member

You can add the (very dark) FDE of Daniel and Knights -- what they really try to call as 'mil'-FDE. CavArms actually call the Ergo Grips as Coyote Brown, which is lighter than their Dark Earth.

10. mtho

mtho

nice project you have there.

11. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

atty ady, can you PM me where you got the aimpoint comp m3 and la rue mount and the prices? thanks!

12. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Sure. PM on the way.

Forgot to add, the buffer is an LMT Heavy. I'm still looking for the appropriate punch to stake the castle nut. I'll give it a workout this Saturday at Armscor, they were closed post-Christmas.

13. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Oh it will be waiting for you when you come around.:cool:

My first choice was a 14.5" LMT, but it was unavailable and I didn't want a 16", so I figured, what the heck, went Noveske, it comes ready to go with BCG and sights. As they say, buy once, cry once. And because it has a machinegun (M249) barrel, it's "Jojo-resistant" (Cebu BoGs know what I mean:supergrin:). Somewhat like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmliCMvcaq0

BTW does anybody know of a place that makes foam like that in the Pelican case? I misplaced mine...

14. CatsMeow

CatsMeow

Finally got to fire it last Saturday at the Armscor Marikina range. (Note to self: don't come in during a clubshoot, it's almost impossible to park:supergrin:)

Carbine cycled without any hitches, except for one round which went click instead of bang. And as usual, it took me around 40 rounds to zero it, forgot to bring the Aimpoint manual so it's guesstimate time. And unlike my old Bushy upper, ejection was to the front, and no more dented or cracked case mouths, indeed the brass was cleaner, fancy that...

It's presently sitting in the Armscor vault, waiting for its next range session.