2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by SVTNate, Dec 31, 2009.

1. SVTNate

SVTNate Packers fan

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/multistrada-1200/

The S model with the electronically adjustable Ohlins suspension interests me. With a dry weight of 423 pounds and 150 horsepower, it won't be slow, either. Sure, 20 grand is a lot of money (for the S models, base is 15) and sure, IMO it's not the greatest looking motorcycle, but you get comfort, character, cache, performance, and decent fuel capacity to boot.

Also, with the S model's selectable pre-set riding modes (Tour, Sport, Rain, Urban, Enduro) power delivery and levels of traction control are also adjusted. However, unlike less advanced systems, they don't just cut down the available horsepower.... all 150 is there in Tour and Sport modes, but how it's delivered is changed along with how much traction control kicks in, suspension settings, even ABS braking settings I believe. I think the other 3 modes drop HP to 100. Modes can be changed on the fly, of course.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I would actually rather have a Triumph Tiger. I am sure the Ducati is a sweet machine though. It's a Ducati after all.

MF

3. norton

norton

Man I hope that thing looks better in person then in the photos. What is the plastic thing hanging over the rear tire? New age rear fender? Duc's are supposed to be swoopy and sexy. This thing looks like a reject from the Suzuki design studio.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'd like to see that bike does "enduro" with that set of wheels.

5. Jake Mountain

Jake Mountain Dragonrider

I liked thee looks of it for the most part, what I didnt I could change very easily. I still want a Kawi Concours 14 though.