Glock Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
40,407 Posts
I shoot my own cast, no gc, runs fine at 1200fps. I'm going to try coated, see if accuracy improves. I think a gc design might be a little more accurate in stock bbl. a lot of guys like the UW, but it is loaded pretty hot.

· Banned
45,575 Posts
They shoot just fine.

· Registered
10,366 Posts
I guess I'll just ask this here. I just ordered some Underwood 165 grn JHPs and some 200 grn JHPs for my G20 Gen 4. The only thing I've ran through it so far is the weaker, cheaper target rounds from a few different manufacturers. In addition to the stock barrel I also have a Lone Wolf 6.6 threaded.

My question is about the guide rod and recoil spring. I intend to mostly continue shooting the weaker loads, occasionally putting a few rounds of the hotter stuff down range, and keeping it loaded with the hotter rounds for HD. Do I need a steel guide rod and stiffer recoil spring for my intended use, or is stock okay?

· Registered
40,407 Posts
I
Your stock guide rod and spring is fine.
I went steel guide rod & 20# spring. My G21sf only sees full power ammo. I have lesser calibers for lighter loads.

· Registered
1,055 Posts
I'd still get a 21+ lb recoil spring for the hot stuff. They're only $8
Get the whole plethora of springs for the Glock: 24#, 22#, 20#, 19#, and 18#.

One size spring will fit all these models: 17,20,21,22,24,34,35

Unless you bench press tanks, the first time you pull the slide back with a 24# spring you will notice it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.