close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2008 Victory Vision

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Lowrider 49, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Apparently people liked it enough for Victory to make it. Last year sometimes Victory/Polaris put out something like three sketches of what the new cruiser should look like and asked people to vote for one of them. This is the result.

Cruisers ain't my thing, but what the hell, at least it doesn't look like a Harley clone.

3. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

Saw a bit about it in my Cycle World mag yesterday. Not my style but I'm interested in what the engine specs are.

4. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

It is probably their 100CI "freedom" engine. It has a bit over 100 ft/lb of torque, which is more than enough for that bike.

5. norton

norton

Holy crap that thing is ugly.

6. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

:laughabove:

Funny because it is true.... ;)

7. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

I'm not a big Arlen Ness fan, but I bet that's where nost of the ugly came from in the Vision!!

I've been waiting for 4 years for Victory to bring out a really nice road bike. Their 100 inch engine was a really nice start, but I'm pretty disappointed with their effort!! The Goldwing is looking better and better.

8. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

I think the 8-ball looks decent (especially the all black one), if you ditch those ugly chrome pipes.

As far as cruisers go, I like low, sleek, and mean. Windscreens are for sportbikes and Goldwings and have no place on a cruiser. ;)

That being said I would only have a cruiser as a 3rd or 4th bike behind a sportbike and a daily rider/long hauler (like an FJR 1300).

9. Lowrider 49

Lowrider 49

Gotcha.

I have an 03 Lowrider, 73 Ironhead, 02 Bandit 1200, 04 Victory Touring Cruiser, an 02 Buel, 3 dirt bikes (200 - 250 CC) and a Polaris 700 twin. That's why I want a comfortable road bike.

I ordered an 04 Ultra and the dealer raised the price $1,500 when it arrived, so told them to get bent (I used a different word) and I went and bought the Victory TC. OK bike, but I want something smoother...like a Goldwing....guess that's the answer.

10. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Well, with that collection, you should have most your bases covered. :supergrin:

Nothing wrong with a Goldwing if you use it. They are more capable a bike than some people give them credit for (especially the 1800s).

11. clark g

clark g

The styling is a bit extreme for my tastes.I'll keep my Road King.
    Clark

12. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

The mags are scratching their heads as the displacement is unkown, but if you look closely in the mag pics, assuming they were furnished by Victory, you can see what looks like the same "100/6" engine like all the others have. Maybe they Photoshopped over it and sent those pics to the cycle press to keep it a secret for a bit or if it is equipped with the 100/6 heart of the rest of the line.

Is it my style? No. Is it my kind of bike? No. I'd rather a Honda or Yamaha 1300 sport-tourer. Once you get over $10K for a motorcycle you might as well just get a car. To each his own. On that note, I hope Victory has success with it and does well.

13. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

I have never seen anything so completely unappealing, looks like they bought a totalled Harley, Goldwing, and Vespa and assembled the parts into one. It's ugliness is almost shocking, and to cap it off it's a vtwin.

Just my opinion though, if you've bought it and like it, good for you.