close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2007 Michigan Matches

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by firecop019, Mar 9, 2007.

1. firecop019

firecop019

I was looking for a list of matches for Michigan but haven't been able to locate one. I was in Grand Rapids last night and seen that they are sponsoring 3 events this year the first one being tomorrow. However the other dates weren't listed and I didn't have the time to wait for them to finish with all their customers to ask.

I think it could be fun, but if their isn't a lot of matches sponsored in my area I don't see the point (unless theres some other benefits to being a member that I don't know about feel free to point them out, I'm new).

Thanks

2. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Look at GSSF's website, "gssfonline.com" and click "Indoor League Matches".

There is a series going in Westland, MI at "The Firing Line" but they have already done two of the three matches. The third one will be March 24.

"Duncans Outdoor Shop" in Bay City, MI has done their first match but will be doing the 2nd one on April 7 and the third on May 5.

"Silver Bullet Firearms" in Wyoming, MI has also done it's first match but the 2nd one will be April 14 and the third on May 12.

They also list a number of indoor matches in Ohio you might check out in case any of them are located where you would be willing to drive to them as well.

Then, you have the Michigan outdoor GSSF match at the Livingston Gun Club in Brighton, MI on Sept. 15-16.

Further away but probably worth the trip are the outdoor matches near Milwaukee, WI on May 19-20 and Indianapolis, IN on June 23-24.

What do you mean there are not a lot of matches in your area?

;)

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Firecop,

Although there has never been a match in my hometown of Roanoke, VA, I have been a life member since 1999. To shoot GSSF matches I have traveled to:

Richmond, VA
    Statesville, NC
    Waldorf, MD
    Conyers, GA
    Ft. Benning, GA
    Anderson, SC
    Topton, PA
    Lexington, KY

Check out www.gssfonline.com and learn about both indoor and outdoor matches in yur area. Is it worh driving 2 or 3 hours for a chance to win a new Glock? For me, YES!;)

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i've shoot GSSF matches at:

Richmond
    Statesville
    Orlando
    Ft.Benning
    Anderson
    Indy
    Marietta
    St.Paul
    Topton
    Brighton
    Conyers
    Lexington
    Pensacola

and this year i'll add Hallsville and Milwaukee

5. firecop019

firecop019

Silver Bullet Firearms was where I was at and that first match is tomorrow. Thanks for the replies, I've only just started looking into the GSSF. Going there really got my interest. How is it that they reward the prizes anyway? I havent had a chance to slog through the rules yet to see what it's all about either. Hopefully I'll get time tonight, I'm curious about the course of fire and what not.

6. firecop019

firecop019

Ok, I've answered most my own questions by actually going to the website and reading the headlines, I must've been really tired last night because I didn't even see the Indoor League heading.

One question though, are those D-1 targets like the cardboard IPSC targets that I used to watch the guys on ESPN shoot? Or are they smaller?

7. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Here you go, what you always wanted to know but was afraid to ask.:thumbsup:

8. firecop019

firecop019

Sweet thanks! Well I decided what the hell it should be fun. One of the guys I spoke to at the range said that they would be doing the shoot. So I drove back up there and they decided that there wasn't enough people and shut the shoot down at 1pm (I got there about 3pm because I work nights). So I didn't get to participate. I don't know if I'll bother to go to the other 2 events there or not. I value my sleep a whole lot more than the chance to maybe win a a new gun.

On the up side I did get to hold the new 21 SF. If you have small hands you do notice what they've done to the grip. I didn't bother shooting it because I probably won't be getting it anyway.