2006 honda v5 vfr

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by JAREDG21, Aug 7, 2005.

1. JAREDG21

JAREDG21

hey guys have you seen any news on the possibility of honda releasing a 1200 v5 vfr and man let me tell you if they bring it out I am going to get one. btw if any of you come across any info on this bike please post a link for me. also looking for info on the 2006 hayabusa.

2. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

3. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

wasn't the point of a VFR to be a small light sporty touring bike?

Well that's out the window if they do this.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

I sure don't see a reason for this bike...

I had an 1100cc V4 Sabre at one time, before I could afford a VFR.

It was a very torquey machine; in fact, if that moitor was installed in a lighter bike the thing would be ridable by less than 5% of all riders!

As it was, it pulled wheelies at every stop sign unless I got lucky and was supersmooth. This never caused any problems, but it was indeed an issue--sort of like the cracked fork bridge that never quite let go...

Unless the thing is governed down and the rear sprocket geared up to make it smoother with a faster top-end, as my 800cc is, there's just no way this makes sense.

My guess is that the net effect will be like riding something with around 10% more torque and HP over the stock 800cc VFR, but little more.

Gotta love that single-sided swingarm, though. ;f ;a ;f

[​IMG]

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'll wait and see but a V-5 just doesn't sound right. It'll be lopsided.

6. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

It is lopsided, lopsided forward. 3 cylinders forward, 2 back. Honda devolped it because in MotoGP the weight classes are for 1 cylinder, 2-3 cylinder, 4-5 cylinder, and so on. So basically they got one more cylinder on thier bike and could stay in the 4 cylinder weight bracket. They have proven it works, look at the championships it won with Rossi and how good it's doing with Gibernau and Hayden.

I still think it's going to get watered down a lot by the time it hits US streets. Honda will sacrifice power to make it smooth and streetable as they always do.