close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2006 Calendar out yet?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bakes5, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Bakes5

Bakes5

Anybody have a link to the 2006 GSSF calendar?

Thanks

Bakes

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Bakes,

I have been a member of GSSF since 1997 and have never seen a complete schedule before March 1st. Just keep checking www.gssfonline.com for a partial match schedule.

3. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

Not until last matches on the current schedule are finished

4. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

I think that is a shame, really. We are picking vacations for the entire year right now at work & I have to "guess" when I need off for GSSF matches. ;P I assume the rest of the world isn't under this type of constraints or they would publish the whole year at the beginning. Since I work two out of every three weekends, it makes it hard to "hit" the right one when guessing when to take off. I know, most of the matches are on similar weekends to the previous year but that leaves a lot for interpretation. ;g Oh well, you can only do what you can do, right? MLM

5. DP177

DP177

The other thing you can do is check the host range web site. Some of the ranges have websites with dates already posted on their calandars. I wouldn't want to try and find websites for the whole years schedule but this might help if you are looking at a couple specific weekends to try and take vacation time.

DP

6. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Mark,
    I'm with you, because not only do I have use/lose vacation to schedule but have to influence my bass club's tournament schedule if I can. DP is right above and I started that process awhile back.

I'm still waiting for word about Indy & Greeley but was able to at least predict some of my dates based on responses from the host ranges. Good luck and any you can confirm would be a welcome addition to the above thread to bump it back up.
    ;?

7. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

I agree that it's inconvenient that GSSF does not publish their calendar at the first of each year but their reasoning is simple, "their fiscal year is not the same as the calendar year". As they have done in the past, they post all of their scheduled matches, excluding new events, in late February or early March, prior to their last match of the year in March, when their calendar year ends.

The 2006 schedule and year for GSSF does not begin until April.

Since all of us shoot IPSC, IDPA and other organized shooting events, we know that all of the regional and national matches for IPSC and IDPA are not posted in January or December so that we can arrange our vacations or weekends to work so that we can attend the matches. We are all in the same boat, whether we are shooting IPSC, IDPA, GSSF, Steel Challenge, or whatever. Other than monthly matches, held on the same weekend each month, or matches advertised in the Front Sight or IDPA Journal, we can't plan that far ahead. In fact, GSSF is the ONLY shooting sport that posts their entire year's schedule at one time. Since Glock manages, schedules and facilitates all of their matches, they must confirm each club's participation before a schedule can be posted.

If you only shoot one or two of the GSSF matches each year, this should not be a problem. Contacting the hosting club where you shoot GSSF matches each year is a great way to find out when they are planning to have the shoot, in the event they have already made arrangments with Glock.

For those of you that shoot several matches each year, requesting vacation time is difficult. I know because I have the same problem but we do know that the calendar will be posted within 8 weeks.

I'll look forward to seeing all of you this year at a GSSF match,
    Bobby

8. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Well, I THINK I've found the solution to the problem......retirement. ;f

I'll let you know if it works later this summer!

Now if I can only get my relatives to stop getting married on match weekends. ;Q

;?

9. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Butch, I think you have the best solution! hahahaha. Good news for me is I have managed to schedule all the uspsa matches I intend to attend except two by looking at the match calendar area on their website. Two of my favorites aren't posted yet. I guessed at the gssf matches & the two uspsa ones, hope I hit. I imagine those of you that make it to lots of gssf matches have a really hard time getting vacation scheduled & those of you that have real jobs are always having to change plans due to high workload or unexpected problems at work. Whereas if I'm scheduled off, I'm off, no questions. HMMM, there are worse things than picking it all at the beginning of the year! Good luck all & happy shooting. MLM

10. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

That should be at least a B-felony.
    You need to make the Brighton-Hallsville run with us this year pardner - no September weddings. And nothing Feb 9-12, unless they're going to elope and do it in Vegas. ;f

Thus far I've received the following from the host ranges:

Indy - 17-18 June (Steve advises local PD who shares range have "blocked out" traditional dates of 24-25 June and this date is tentative. He has contacted GSSF about this and awaiting response.) :)
    Oakdale - 15-16 July ^c
    Greeley - 19-20 August ^8
    Brighton and Hallsville - 16-17 September ^c
    Lexington - 28-29 October ^c

11. major

major Rejected member

Then why don't they change it?

12. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Most companies and governmental organizations run a fiscal year NOT concurrent with the calendar year for purposes of continuity of operations. Some will start their fiscal year before the end of the calendar year (e.g., US Govt), some will run July-June (many state agencies). The assessment of where you stand, what you can expend, what your tax burden will be, and last minute closeout of books (not to mention non-availability of staff to do that during the holidays) simply lets the finances be managed without the constraints of "OMG, here comes December 31st!"

^9 That said, I just got my annual performance appraisal ;+ and have to rate Congress as UNSAT ;T, because they've failed in one of their critical performance objectives, to wit, we in DoD are still running on a Continuing Resolution Authority, absent an appropriation. IMO if Congress fails to meet their performance objectives, there should be no salary funds available to the Legislative Branch either and they'll have to decide between doing their job or giving up that 3rd residence in Provo... [/rant]
    Edit: ...and we could use it for a permanent getaway with full GSSF practice areas setup.
    ;?