Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a gun show today and saw several SKS's that were all either $200 or $250. They were all beat to crap too. Did SKS's go up in price or something recently. I remember a buddy of mine got one a while back that looked practically brand new and he only paid $100 for it and even got the seller to throw in some ammo. I can understand somebody trying to sell a lemon to a fool for a profit, but come on, these things looked like they had been tumbled in a cement truck and several people were selling them at the same price. :wow:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A nice Norinco is around $250-$300 these days. Yugos are around $250. I have no idea what Russian models go for. Sadly, the days of $100 Norincos are over. However, it does sound like the ones you saw were overpriced-of course it's a gun show and everything is overpriced.

·
Banned
5,038 Posts
key words in your post are GUN SHOW . the days of deal there are gone , only gouging goes on there now . that or pick up some jerky and swastika flag

·
Registered
697 Posts
HA, I have seen $400-$500 sks at local gun shows.... $200 isnt so bad...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
SKS's went up during the Obama panic. Generally, they're coming back down, just like AR's. I sure wouldn't pay that much for a Yugo.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Norinco's in SC can be had for $275-300 TOPS, in fine condition. Yugo's are for sale at higher prices, but I don't see them selling. And two years ago, you could hardly even FIND an SKS under $500. I saw Romanian AK-47's going for $650. Now back down to $400 or so.
If the congress starts debating outlawing 35-round mags, the SKS-D, SKS-M, and AK-47 prices will go back up. And the mags will be more expensive, too.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
When I stopped by the local big five a few months back the $400 SKS they had was really nice. It didn't look like a surplus rifle, it look like it came straight out of the factory. The stock was a really light blond color and was flawless.
I checked out a yugo at big 5 a few weeks ago, it was disgusting. Absolutely caked and soaked in cosmoline. No where you could touch it without having to wash your hands. The muzzle break was an aftermarket peice that was spot-welded on (poorly) so they could take off the grenade launcher and sell it in CA with a non-functional bayonet.

I was amazed they wanted $400 for it, and then expected me to take it home and clean it! If you think I'm gonna spend $400 on an SKS in that condition, you've been sniffin the cosmoline too long.

I paid $240 for mine in a frankenstein state, but I planned to sport it out anyway, so I didn't mind.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
They have really jumped in price over the last few years. I am really glad that I got into C&R before that time and picked up some really nice rifles for a steal.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I FOUND A NORINCO SHORT BARREL SKS WITH UNDERFOLDING BAYONET FOR $250 OTD and I jumped on it. If SHTF an SKS and plenty of ammo would be a good choice. A little slower to load but no fumbling for magazines just need a few stripper clips.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I've had 9 over the last few years, didn't pay over $200 for any of them (and it's a brand new 86 model Yugo, never fired), but 6 of them I got for $125. Traded or sold 4 of them, then bought a Chicom frame and built it up with Yugo parts I had laying around, and it's the best of them. Had to replace the gas valves on a couple of them, but every one of them runs tip top now.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

·
AKA Fluffy316
2,208 Posts
A Norinco SKS Paratrooper was my first gun.

I was a sophomore in High School and I had saved money from mowing lawns and what ever else I could do for money.

I had gone to a gun show and they had cases of NIB SKS straight from China. I paid $95 for the rifle and $120 for a wooden case of ammo. Those were the good ol' days. :crying: Now you would lucky to just get the rifle for what I paid.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts