close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

20 most miserable places to live? 5are in Oh.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by uzimon, Feb 18, 2010.

1. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

http://www.forbes.com/2010/02/11/am...-business-beltway-miserable-cities_slide.html

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  2. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

this explains it
    "Any area with a population of more than 245,000 was eligible."

3. seed

seed

What a stupid list. I wouldn't want to live in any of those cities, but then again I would much rather live in many of them as opposed to some other cities not even on the list. I mean, they ranked Gary, IN way too low on the list for instance. And where is East St. Louis, Oakland, CA; or Richmond, CA; or DC...etc. Using the performance of the local sports team as a variable to boot? Come on. Horrible crime ranks as number one...easily...for making a city a bad place to live.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  4. seed

seed

Sorry...I missed that. But are all the cities listed that big? I'm not so sure.

5. Easterbrook

Easterbrook Wagon Burner

I'm surprised Miami was so high (no. 6). I've always had a good time when visiting; then again, my experience with Miami is Miami Beach.

Chicago at no. 10 makes sense. I hated living there: it's cold as hell in the winter, takes forever to get around, and the suburbs are all flat and all look the same.

Kansas City at 13 surprised me as, like Miami, I loved visiting that town. It's cheap, has great BBQ, and has some nice areas.

NYC at 16 doesn't really make sense, based on their criteria. The taxes are high, but unemployment's fairly low, the Yankees just won, and the weather's not that bad.

Gary Indiana also needs to be higher than 19, in my opinion. There's nothing decent about that city.

6. Kith

Kith

I'm not surprised my city made the list. I am surprised it was last. Philly is too competitive for last place.

7. den888

den888

Only one city in CA ? Hmm...

8. Max5

Max5

My criteria for a miserable area is any city with a population greater than 50,000 humanoids. There's places with less than 50k that aren't at all pleasant, but in general 50,000 is too many rats fighting over the cheese.

9. MetalSlugIV

MetalSlugIV

I disagree with KC's ranking but then again I like KC. I agree with Detrioit's ranking because I went there for a conference and it was as pit. I had more fun hopping the border to Windsor, Canada and drinking myself stupid.