Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have a large hand and a G20 or G21 fits fine. I hadden't picked up a "SF" model untill last week. I've since gone back to the store twice just to fondle the SF vs Standard frame G20's. For the life of me I cannot feel even the tinyest difference in size. Ive even gripped them both and marked where my trigger finger engaged the trigger. NO Difference? Two of the clerks were surprised that there wasn't any difference where my trigger finger rested. They tried them both and couldn't feel any difference. I closed my eyes and had them hand me both and I couldn't distinguish between them?
OK folks is this just a sales gimmick!
I'm serious, have you checked them side by side?
Stupid question I guess.............:dunno:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Definate difference for me. With medium/small hands the regular G20/21 was too big but the SFs are good. Approaching being too big but just enough smaller to keep them golden.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I've owned them side-by-side. Def a difference to me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I noticed the difference right away. When I bought my 21 I wasn't sure if I wanted the standard or SF version. I had the gun shop guy put each on the counter without telling me which was which. After repeatedly fondling them, one of the two felt way better in my hand - and it turned out to be the SF. I have since also added a 20SF to the collection.

YMMV

·
Ich tu dir Weh.
1,460 Posts
I've felt the difference, but only when I compare them side by side.

I actually much prefer the non-SF grip, at least when it comes to the 20/21/29/30 size Glocks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I can definitely feel a difference. I actually like the feel of the G20SF but went with the G20. There's more difference in the bottom of the grip than the top and I found the SF model pointed a bit lower than the standard frame.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Have owned both I have smaller hands. Big difference for me. Traded my G20 and G29's for the respective sf models and have no regrets.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks folks. I guess it's me. Is the big difference in the bottom of the grip? I'm going back with my caliphers and measuring the grip at the "Web" where I grip and at the base where the mag inserts. Sure do appreciate all the info and replies. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks folks. I guess it's me. Is the big difference in the bottom of the grip? I'm going back with my caliphers and measuring the grip at the "Web" where I grip and at the base where the mag inserts. Sure do appreciate all the info and replies. Thanks Mike

No need to get all scientific as a side by side comparison will make the difference quite obvious.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have both and to me there is a diffrence and the 20 does fit better to me since I have BIG PAWS!
I installed the houge grip on the 20sf and it feels better now.

·
Mediocre Member
2,244 Posts
I own a 2000 made G21. I felt a G21SF when it first came out. Felt great, but not worth buying a whole new gun yet. When my G21 breaks (yeah right), I'll get a G21SF. I may break down and get one sometime, but it might be a G20SF :supergrin:. Really, I don't mind the thicker grip, but the SF felt better.

Oh, I may be left handed, but I'm not going to get a ambi mag release one. I'm too accustomed to hitting a right handed mag release with my middle finger. Also, ambi mags won't work in my older G21, I believe.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I feel the difference. My G21SF feels much better in my hands then the regular 21's Ive held. And I dont have small hands at all.

·
Banned
8,027 Posts
I've got SF and non SF 20 and 29. Also have G3 and G4 22's, 23's and 27's. The 45's and 10mm's have been changed more. Even if they all have had 2mm's taken from the reach to trigger along the trigger bar, the 10's and 45's towards the magwells have lost more - the humps have been reduced more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts