close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 sight questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by WIG19, May 25, 2004.

1. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

From Fireglock on the 17th, whose testimony I hope comes back to haunt him, re another query: "Come on, buy a scope and mount, make a racer out of it!" :)

OK, folks that's it, the next one's going to be a 34 that I'll practice with for Comp when I dive into GSSF 'cause I need something else to do while the 17 rests sometimes; and there's another pocket in my range bag. (Like Glock owners need excuses...) Here are the questions:

1. Can the rear leaf on the Glock adjustable sight be reversed so that it's black facing me? (I plan on just throwing an Aro-Tek black front on it till deciding what direction to take the gun..., ya know CGR Heinies, probably, maybe Bomars, that type of thing. So, evolutionally...

2. I've already decided that someday when I want to scope it, it'll be a Carver mount - that's just a neat thing from an engineering perspective BTW. I'm curious, in looking at the variations, if the "C-more" version is shaped the way it is strictly to protect the optic from a compensated barrel, or if one has to use that version because the optics need to be protected from any blast at all?

(Walter need not worry about any 'puff daddy' gun in my cabinet, either. I thought about red optics, polished slide, blue Carver (patriotic, dontcha think?), but my 10th Mtn Taliban-hunting daughter said it would look like a comic-book gun so it'll be Glock-black or she won't touch it.)

Thanks to any/all for their insight! :cool:

2. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

WIG19,
    I'll be glad to address your 2 questions:

Q1. Can the rear leaf on the Glock adjustable sight be reversed so that it's black facing me? (I plan on just throwing an Aro-Tek black front on it till deciding what direction to take the gun..., ya know CGR Heinies, probably, maybe Bomars, that type of thing. So, evolutionally...

A1: Yes, you can reverse the rear sight so that the black side faces you. I know many shooters that have chosen to use that method and are pleased.

Q2. I'm curious, in looking at the variations (of the CARVER Mount), if the "C-more" version is shaped the way it is strictly to protect the optic from a compensated barrel, or if one has to use that version because the optics need to be protected from any blast at all?

A1: We designed the CMore model so that it would "protect" the lens of the CMore sight if it was mounted on either a compensated Glock barrel, a G17, G22 or G31 model where the slide is shorter or a compensated barrel where the compensator is in front of the slide. If you choose to use a Railway CMore, you could use the Weaver model of the CARVER Mount which does not have the blast shield. We included the blast shield as a "precaution" and extra protection for the CMore user when using the CMore model mount and a Slideride model CMore.

If you have any other questions or need our assistance, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Bobby Carver
    B&B Enterprise
    "Home of the CARVER Mount"

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Bobby, thanks for the quick answers. The forum never disapppoints. ;W

And I know I can trust your answers since you're from where I used to spend my childhood summers. Although, truth be told, when you're on your Grandma's cotton farm in Smyer, Lubbock was pretty 'big-city' for us, with a trip halfway 'round the world to the drive-in movie in Levelland.

I still peruse match results 'cause the numbers illuminate things to practice on, and finally noticed the finals for TX. Belated congratulations on the MatchMeister! :cool: Take care,
    Wes