Glock Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Had 2 quick questions I figured this would be the best place to ask. In the attached photo, are these part of the polymer frame serve any purpose at all? They look like rails but I don't see any part of the frame riding on them. Are they just to help guide the frame onto the metal rails? also i have not dove into a gen 4 yet (Still a gen 3 fanatic). I know years ago when first introduced they had troubles with the spring system/frame damage, etc. I also know that that problem has been long solved. What I was curious about is what they did to change it to eliminate the problem. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

· Registered
8,945 Posts
OP, I know years ago when first introduced they had troubles with the spring system/frame damage, etc

No, the only issue was a certain run of serial numbers that had messed up rails. It was short lived, and Glock replaced any broken frame rails. Most owners were not aware of it until after shooting and finding one of the rear rails broken off because they will run on only one rail. There has never been an issue with recoil spring assemblies or the frames, short of KaBooming the gun due to bullet setback. What you see is just normal for the injection molded frame. There may be mold lines present also. About the only real thing changed since day one of the G17s is the 3 pin locking block and weapon mounted light rails on the frame. Well, and some minor grip texture, but nothing that affects how it runs. Have you shot it yet?

And don't go thinking the ejector is bent, it's supposed to bent for a 9mm. 40S&W/.357SIG is straight.

· Registered
192 Posts
I believe they replaced the ejector and the recoil spring which apparently fixed the problems (at least in the G19). I have a G19 and G21, both Gen 4, and have yet (knock on wood) to have any issues of any kind (no malfunctions or erratic ejection) with either pistol.

· Registered
8,945 Posts
Gen 4s were built for LEO, with a dual recoil spring, to handle +P, and +P+, so they don't really run well on on Walmart white box ammo. If you want to run weak ammo, LoneWolf makes an adapter ring for the nose that runs old style recoil springs assemblies. Don't now about any ejector issues, there have been reported problems with the extractors though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.