Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting all...First-time post.

I've wanted a rifle/pistol combo that used the same mags for a long time. I live in Arkansas and deer/hog hunt in an area with fairly thick woods and a lot of black bears. I settled on a TNW Aero Survival Pistol (ASP) and a Glock 20.

The 10mm is a pretty hard punch at the ranges I generally shoot from and both pistols perform quite well. One pic is of the combo. I purchased the ASP from buds gun shop and the other from a comp shooter in my area. The attached target is my grouping at 50yrds to sight in. I'm really please with the combo. I'll be using it in the coming months and will keep you posted on performance.

I enjoy reading the post here. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
We moved from NEA to NWA about 4 years ago.
My sincere condolences for your earlier NEA stay! All of eastern Arkansas is a pit, except *maybe* my old home town of Paragould near Crowley's Ridge. Jasper and Newton County in NWA are my favorite places anywhere.

Apologies...I don't knw how to make Arkansas on-topic for this forum except to say I used to take my G31 with TLR-4 on camping and hiking trips on the Buffalo River near Ponca. I use a GP100 357MAG revolver now. But in 60 years of visits there, the only potentially threatening animals I've ever seen are wild boarhogs and a couple of snakes. :) The last time I personally saw a black bear there was in 1967.
I've wanted a rifle/pistol combo that used the same mags for a long time. I live in Arkansas and deer/hog hunt in an area with fairly thick woods and a lot of black bears. I settled on a TNW Aero Survival Pistol (ASP) and a Glock 20.
If I were to carry a rifle in a handgun caliber, I'd take my Winchester Model 94AE Trapper Lever Action with 16-inch barrel in 44MAG. A bunch of "tactical" doo-dads on a woods-use short handgun-caliber rifle are not appealing to me.

Welcome to the General Glocking Forum.

Reactions: CC Glock

·
19,034 Posts
I'm curious to know what barrel length the TNW Aero Survival Pistol (ASP) has. iIf it's longer than 6 inches that would give you a significant velocity increase over the 4.6 barrel of the G20.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
My sincere condolences for your earlier NEA stay! All of eastern Arkansas is a pit, except *maybe* my old home town of Paragould near Crowley's Ridge. Jasper and Newton County in NWA are my favorite places anywhere.

Apologies...I don't knw how to make Arkansas on-topic for this forum except to say I used to take my G31 with TLR-4 on camping and hiking trips on the Buffalo River near Ponca. I use a GP100 357MAG revolver now. But in 60 years of visits there, the only potentially threatening animals I've ever seen are wild boarhogs and a couple of snakes. :) The last time I personally saw a black bear there was in 1967.

If I were to carry a rifle in a handgun caliber, I'd take my Winchester Model 94AE Trapper Lever Action with 16-inch barrel in 44MAG. A bunch of "tactical" doo-dads on a woods-use short handgun-caliber rifle are not appealing to me.

Welcome to the General Glocking Forum.
Well hell Mike we might be related!!! Born and raised in Paragould! Lived there 27 years or so. My wife grew up in Jonesboro. My brother lives just a mile from the 351/141 intersection. We rode the ridge of our bikes almost everyday, only way to get any elevation!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Isn't everyone in Arkansas related? :devildance:

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
Isn't everyone in Arkansas related? :devildance:
My Arkansas buddy was worried when he found out he'd slept with his 4th cousin. I said if it bothers you so much, then quit countin'.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm from Little Rock but was stationed at Blytheville AFB (later Eaker AFB) for 10 years. Great place to live. Lot of good hunting.

The TNW has a 10in barrel. It shoots flatter than I thought it would and it's a lot of fun. Yeah, I get that tactical stuff doesn't fair well for some in the woods but dang it's a lot of fun.

I will say that the red dot is real handy for the deer/hog that's make quick passes across the fire roads. As far as bears go, we have a 3,000-acre lease outside Warren and we have six bears on the lease right now. I'm no biologist, but that seems like a lot of bears in that amount of space. I've read that 10mm is a solid bear defense gun. My experience so far is that it hits hard and fast. I love it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts