2 New Ducatis

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by BikerRN, Sep 2, 2005.

1. BikerRN

BikerRN

I just paid for 2 new Ducati Multistradas! They should be here in a couple of weeks. One for me, one for the wife. Now the only problem is, since they are the same color, do you think Glock will send me a free sticker to put on the gas tank so I can tell our bikes apart?

I sold my Harley back in December so I could pay off bills and buy a house. It's nice to be getting back in the wind, I have missed it a bunch. Oh well, thanks for letting me gloat on here.

Take care and have fun.

2. clever_21

clever_21

3. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

Ummm... won't your license plate help you tell which one is yours?

-ChaZ

4. BikerRN

BikerRN

What's a license plate? I rode it like I stole it.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

A Glock sticker on your Duck? Are you nuts? BTW, what color? A proper Italian red, I presume?

Congrats!!

6. BikerRN

BikerRN

I'm kind of a subdued guy, so a matte black is it for me. I don't want people to look at it and think it's fast, I just want them to know it's fast as I leave them in my rearview mirror.

As far as a Glock sticker, I was just joking. I never advertise that I carry, or own guns, since a few places that I have carried concealed it has been illegal to do so.

I don't advocate violating the law, but one must be alive first to advocate anything.

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

You sound like those BMW owners that I know prefer the dark grey even though they ride some of the fastest bikes on the road (K1200S and K1200R). Believe you me, if and when you speed, Charlie will see you and have some nice papers for you to sign. The color of the bike matters not one wit. Not me, I like the cagers to see I'm coming or going.;f

8. Sweet

Sweet

Congrats! I was looking at these in the shop the otherday. I still dont know what to think of it, but it does look alot better in person then in the magazine photos...so you know you gotta post up owner pics, no thieving photos that are not yours ;f

[$

9. BikerRN

BikerRN

I'd love to post PICS after I pick them up, but I don't know how. I will pick up the bikes next week or the week after.

10. Sweet

Sweet

Its easy...

#1 If you have one of those antique film cameras you just need to scan your picture into the computer...if you have a digital camera you just download your picture straight from the camera into your computer

#2 depending on what size it is you might want to re-size your photo using any number of photo editing tools, if you have a problem doing this feel free to send the full size picture to me at infraredcoupe@gmail.com

#3 here is a short list of FREE photo sites that you can download your picture to for them to host it so you can then post it here for us to see

http://imageshack.us/
    http://www.flickr.com/
    http://www.photo.net/
    http://www.postwhore.biz/

#4 after hosting your picture for FREE you then copy the url site from that website and post here...easy!

or

#5 just send the pic to me at infraredcoupe@gmail.com and I'll do all the work for you..simple stuff

11. BikerRN

BikerRN

12. BikerRN

BikerRN

Hey all, I just got off the phone with my Ducati Dealer. Instead of a matte black Ducati I'm getting a Red one. My wife is still getting a matte black one.

I tossed and turned all weekend mulling it over, and decided I wanted the red. When I explained my "prediciment" to the dealer he said, "Not a problem, it's the red you shall have."

My problem was that the red just kept calling to me, and I've got posters of red Ducatis all over the garage. I tried to deny the urge for red but I even ordered a black/red jacket and red tailbag. I guess I was subconciously telling myself to get red all along.

I will work on getting PICS when we pick them up next week. Take care and ride safe.

13. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

You closet communist! ;f

-ChaZ

14. BikerRN

BikerRN

Comrade Chaz

I will have you know that my Grandfather immigrated to America from Russia and was a Colonel in the Russian Army, no joke.

15. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

Komrade BikerRN,

Was that during the communist time or after Gorbachev's Perestroika?

Just out of curiousity... sometimes "immigrated" can be overtly used for um... "escape"?

-ChaZ

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I know that people's tastes differ, but why would anybody want to own a Ducati in anything but red? The same with Ferraris.

Congrats, BikerRN, now you will have a proper Duckie.:cool:

17. BikerRN

BikerRN

It was pre Communist time when he immigrated. He was in the War with Japan, 1892 I think, and escape is the word. He dressed as a woman and snuck on a boat to get out.

My father was born in 1910 so immigration took place sometime between 1892 and 1910, that's about all I know. His time in the Russian Military was during the rule of the Czar.

I once met a Russian Histroy Grad student that knew my last name, don't ask me how. I just know it goes back to the War with Japan and that he was familiar with Russian names and as soon as he saw my last name he said, "That's Russian."

99% of the population has no idea that I have a Russian name, I guess it wasn't/isn't too common even in Russia. I'm doing some searching with the Russian and Polish Embassies to try to find out more about my family history.

18. ChaZ

ChaZ Millennium Member

That's very interesting... I do my best to study up on Russia history. I've been there 2 times already. I was there for a month and left a week before communist fell apart. I went back next 2 year for another month and I have to tell you that I saw big difference between my 2 trips. Sadly, I have to admit that I prefer old Moscow without those stupid advertisement signs emblanozed all over anything that moves and doesn't move.

-ChaZ

19. c5367

c5367 Esq.

Great choice! Ducati's are wonderful bikes. I have a Monster 620 Dark and a 749R in proper Ducati red:). I think you'll be pleased by the Multistradas. They are designed like no other bike on the street and the 2V desmos are great motors. The 620 isn't the most powerful engine in the world, but its more than enough for the street. Looking forward to the pics!

20. BikerRN

BikerRN

One more day and I will have a Red Ducati. The wife will have a Black one!

;f