close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2 Mad Dog Mirage X EOD's For Sale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by dengel, May 15, 2004.

1. dengel

dengel Deceased

2 EOD's For Sale !!

1 - Completely Mint, brand new Mirage X EOD with right handed high ride belt sheath (OWB). This is totally and completely mint, never used .. only removed from the baggie to oogle. Still comes in the bag the Kevin sends them with the one opening so I could foldle it for a little while before putting it in the safe. The knife is completlely pristine

Price is $1000.00 + your choice of shipping (UPS, FED EX and insurance is optional) Personally I prefer Fed Ex, but its up to you. Actual shipping charges, no add ons for handling or other such nonsense.

2 - Also have another Mirage X EOD with a Right Handed ATAK sheath, again 100% complete mint, never even touched by human hands and New in Baggie. The price is slightly higher, at $1100, and again your choice of shipping methods and optional insurance.

Technically speaking they are both new in baggie, one is opened the other is not. As we all know Kevin wont be producing them (the bigger ones) any longer and they're becoming much more rare then ever.

Photos of the knives are available upon request, as are references. I will not open the unopened one to photograph it, but if not as advertised, I give a full money back refund within 7 days. I hate to sell them, but some things in life cannot be anticipated. Ideally speaking, Paypal and money orders are accepted. Checks will be accepted from known people on the boards (with references) and shipping will occur after check has cleared.

I dont want to go the ebay route ..since who knows what kind of buyer they'll go to.

Im open for a possible trade with added cash from your side to make up the different. All offers will be considered and replied to. Please email any question you may have.

Here is a brief run down on the knife and its capabilities

Mirage X - a magnetically inert, radically advanced, galvanically exempt knife benefitting from hybrid technology, a ceramic composite that is unique to Mad Dog Knives alone.

Edge Holding: Abrasion resistance takes on a whole new meaning. With a hardness approaching that of diamond, the Mirage X holds an edge better than any other knife made, period. Unlike the flimsy ceramic knives on the market today, the Mirage X is not made of simple alumina ceramic; it is harder, denser, and much tougher. The Mirage X can cut glass and shave steel off of a Mad Dog SEAL A.T.A.K. knife without going dull!

Corrosion Proof: Whereas titanium and stainless steel merely resist corrosion to varying degrees, the Mirage X is impervious to the effects of salt water, hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, chlorine, ozone, and any solvent. It is not corrosion resistant, it is corrosion proof. The Mirage X can spend years in environments that will destroy titanium in seconds.

Magnetically Inert: The Mirage X is entirely nonconductive and safe to use around live electric power. It generates no field in salt water, so it will not affect any known field sensing devices, including sharks.

With a specific gravity of 6.5 for the blade material, the Mirage X is lighter than steel (8.5) and heavier than titanium (4.5). The result is a blade that dramatically outperforms the cutting and chopping ability of any titanium blade of similar dimensions, and cuts or chops longer than any steel blade without going dull. The Mirage X is an incredible workhorse. You will wear out long before it does.

Here's a quick image -

[​IMG] AR-15 Not included :)

2. dengel

dengel Deceased

Prices lowered to 950 and 1000 respectively for first and second knives.

David