+2 in GSSF competition?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by CRUEL HAND LUKE, Apr 6, 2005.

1. CRUEL HAND LUKE

CRUEL HAND LUKE

After reading the thread about the G38 I have a question. Someone mentioned that the G27 was at a disadvantage w/ the 9 rd mag, just like the G38 is w/ its 8 rd mag. But couldn't you just put the newer+ 2 on the G38 to get 9 plus 1? Then you have 10rds total. With the g27 couldn't you just put on the OLD Glock +2 to get a +1 with the 40cal(instead of 2 w/ the 9mm)and have 10+1 in the gun. I realize that before Sept 2004 it would have been an issue with the NEW +2 because the NEW +2 would add 2 to the 40(and 3 to the 9mm). But the OLD ones only added 1 to the 40 and 2 to the nine. (and now that the 94 crime bill has expired its a non issue to put the new ones on unless you live in "Occupied California" or Peoples Republic of Massachussets or Hiwaii or a few others.) So Are the +2s legal (assuming they are Glock manufactured) in GSSF? Can you shoot your 26 with the +2(obviously downloaded to 10) on it or do you have to use the standard 10rd mag?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes you bear the additional expense and add a #7151 base to the G38 magazine making it 9+1. Any factory Glock part is legal in GSSF. I use #1967 bases on my G26 magazines and #7151 bases on my G37 magazines. I may add the 7151's to my G38 magazines as well.

3. gary newport

gary newport

And you could put a Pearce +1 extension on your G27 because they (and only they among aftermarket extensions) are as legal as factory parts in GSSF. Right, Danny?

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I would like to know that one as well. I was under the impression that the Pearce grip adapters of the non plus capacity variety were leagal since GLOCK at one time installed them on the Baby GLOCKS as a factory option. I did not know of any plus one Pearce adapters being installed on the G27 models.

I would love to know more of the history of the Pearce/GLOCK relationship with the Baby GLOCKS.

5. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

The Pearce grip extention is allowed in GSSF matches! If it was once offer by Glock, then it is a legal, +2 or regular!

Dan:cool: