Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just thinking, would a person armed with 2 glocks, say G17's be equal to a person armed with an smg?

How about 33 round mags in each pistol for those who live in states that allow?

For all you math guys, what would be the rate of fire vs. smg?

·
Private side
11,500 Posts
Distance goes to SMG
Shoulder fired vs hand held goes to SMG
Better sights to the SMG
velocity= smg
RoF=smg

I'll go with the SMG for the win , Alex.:supergrin:

·
Low Speed Ops
437 Posts
The smg would almost undoubtedly be better than the two glocks. Keeping two pistols on target is difficult. It takes a lot of training and is still hard.

I'll use HK's mp5 as the example weapon as that has been the standard for LE in 9mm subguns for years. It shoots at 800 rounds per minute. That's 13 & 1/3 rounds per second. I highly doubt you could pull the trigger that fast. Actually, no. I KNOW you can't pull the trigger that fast! :tongueout:

And the submachine gun will have a longer barrel which allows for a higher velocity & higher accuracy.

By the way, this thread is silly. ;)

-magiaaron

·
Registered
529 Posts
BamaTrooper, I agree. SMG is going to win this encounter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Unless you're fighting in a closet, where the smaller pistol would have some kind of deployment and maneuverability advantage.......:supergrin:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Unless you're fighting in a closet, where the smaller pistol would have some kind of deployment and maneuverability advantage.......:supergrin:
Besides, the Chief Special is the gun to carry if you expect to get in a gunfight in a closet (I read this in a Tom Clancy novel.)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies,

What I had in mind was....When the SHTF.....Would two pistols be as sufficent as a SMG...I get the impression.... NO!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Besides, the Chief Special is the gun to carry if you expect to get in a gunfight in a closet (I read this in a Tom Clancy novel.)
Which one?

·
Trailer Park Commando
267 Posts
i gotta go with the SMG, too, as far as having an equipment advantage in a fight. Hower, you mentioned a SHTF scenario, so consider this: the twins would be more concealable and one could be loaned out - two guys with Glocks would probably trump one guy with a SMG.

·
Registered
16,886 Posts
Thanks for all the replies,

What I had in mind was....When the SHTF.....Would two pistols be as sufficent as a SMG...I get the impression.... NO!

If you are going to carry an SMG for SHTF, you are much better off with an M4 carbine or an AK with a a folding stock.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Which one?
Clear and Present Danger. Clancy actually said it was for those who expect to get into a gunfight in an elevator, but I think a closet is similar in size.

I must admit, I read that and thought, I should buy a Chief's Special, practice until I can hit a playing card at thirty yards five shots out of five, then invite Clancy to come shooting with me.:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
wait.... but what if he's holding them sideways?

Also, 2 pistols works better if you are sliding down the stairwell (backwards) and still need to be able to fire. The SMG might be off-balancing....

Another interesting question: If you're doing a cartwheel across a doorway and want to be able to fire through-out the full 360 degrees, wouldnt you want something you could use with 1 hand? Which would be best?

Sigh.

·
NRA Life Member
373 Posts
The three most important considerations, in no particular order:

1. Shot placement
2. Shot placement
3. Shot placement

:popcorn:

·
OBEY ME!
1,902 Posts
Somebody's been watching too many movies.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
When the SHTF I'd wrather have an AK47 and 10,000 rounds of ammunition, and My back up Glock 22.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts