Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SheWhoMustBeObeyed has an HP laptop on Windows 10. We have a small TV HDMI connected to it, and use the laptop screen as one screen and the TV as the other.

What do we need, and can we, hook a second TV up so that we can clamshell the laptop and use the two TV's as monitors?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,597 Posts
I would look for a compatible laptop docking station that has more than one HDMI out.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
It completely depends on the various ports built into the unit. My work laptop has both an HDMI and a Mini Display port built into it. So i just plug a monitor into each of them and its as easy as that.

If your laptop has another video port aside from HDMI built it (might be VGA, or mini display port, probably not a second hdmi) you could easily do that.

If it doesn't, a docking station is your only option. That is of course assuming that the laptop has the ability to connect to one, not all do.

·
Registered
27,852 Posts
Most laptops go into sleep mode if you close them.

Go into your laptop BIOS settings and look at your options.

·
Registered
11,008 Posts
There are adapters and splitters, but the ports you have are simply the parts of your video card that you can plug things into, so the answer depends on the card you have and what it can do. Do you have any documentation on it?

Cards are not really expensive or hard to replace either if you find you need a different one.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Most laptops go into sleep mode if you close them.

Go into your laptop BIOS settings and look at your options.
The settings for that aren't typically in the bios, as the bios is about the motherboard settings. not the unit as a whole.

Check the power settings in the OS.

·
Banned
7,627 Posts
There are USB monitor adapters.

·
Registered
27,852 Posts
The settings for that aren't typically in the bios, as the bios is about the motherboard settings. not the unit as a whole.

Check the power settings in the OS.
I was just trying to get the op to explore possibilities....however, my Toshiba has a power management tab and I’ve seen at least one where the user can choose options on closing the lid. Mine just has options on what happens when the laptop is opened.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Docking station is probably the easiest.

If your laptop is WiDI/Miracast enabled (NOT Wifi), you can wirelessly connect to an enabled TV. If the TV is not ready for wireless, Best Buy and other stores sell an HDMI adaptor for $50.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts