close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2/19 Indoor Match results - Central Ohio

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by vmw, Feb 21, 2005.

1. vmw

vmw

78 score sheets were turned in. 18% of the score sheets were 500 points with two shooters scoring 49X's out of 50 shots.

See: http://home.columbus.rr.com/vmwalker/0219.htm

The 2nd of 3 GSSF-IMs will be held on March 19th from 10A - 5pm at:

New Albany Shooting Range
    10299 Johnstown Rd.
    New Albany, Oh 43054
    614-939-4867
    nasr.com

vmw

2. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

That looks like alot of fun! Can you please tell me, after looking at the scoresheets, are folks shooting the course more than 1 time?
    If so, how much does it cost to run thru the course...just alittle more info on the match , please...It'd be a long drive, but looks like alot of fun!

3. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

Crap thats some good shooting. Makes me afraid to go to the indoor matches down in Cincy. I'm going to get my *** handed to me at the 25 yard mark for sure.

4. vmw

vmw

Shows what alot of practice will do for you. The shooters that hit the 49Xs shoot at least 500 rounds per week. The winner probably shoots over 750 rounds per week, more just before the match. The upper 25% or so shoot their Glocks every week both at practice and at the numerous outdoor matches that are held throughout the year. When one goes to different matches, it's a Glock reunion most of the time.

The NASR range has excellent lighting and stable target hangers. Both of these assist in higher scores and/or greater X count.

As for the questions about the match, most shoot the match at least twice. There are a few that shoot it 4 times or more. The cost is $15 for the 1st and $11 for each additional. NASR is less than 20 minutes Northeast from downtown Columbus so you can judge your drive time from that.

Target World in Cincinnati and Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware will also be holding GSSF-IM matches this year. All three shooting ranges have their GSSF-IM on different dates (except for one known conflict) for the remainder of 2005.

Hope this helps,
    Vern

5. DistantTea

DistantTea Monkey Vendor

Thanks for the info. I'll have to read up on the gun requirements for those indoor matches. Columbus isn't too far at all for me. I'm in Lebanon.

6. vmw

vmw

The gun limitations for the indoor matches are less severe than those for the outdoor GSSF matches. The indoor matches don't allow any kind of optics or laser type sights. If your gun has the C sufix, outboard compensator, aftermarket barrel, fiber optic sights, magazine extension, reduced trigger pull or what ever, it's okay for the indoor league match. I can only assume that this is because of the timed fire rather than as quick as you can fire.

Then again, there isn't a class for the G36 or the subcompact models, they have to be able to shoot 10rd in 15 seconds at distances out to 50ft. 10rds in 30 seconds at 75ft is plenty of time for a reload.

Vern

7. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Dang...Ohio glock shooters can hit!

Vern...talk Mike S. into shooting steel sometime...he'd be a natural.

8. Guest

In looking at the results as posted, It appears that out of the 14 500's posted that Mike S and Jim T shot 7 of those 500's and they tied for first and second place. Is that correct that these two shooters shot half of the 500's fired and the same two shooters are
    the one's listed in the first four places I really don't know for sure without the last names. Also how was it determined who was first
    second third or fourth with the scores being the same. Please post more information about your range location, directions, number of bay's etc.

Bob

9. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

10. Guest

Flexmoney
    Thank you for the information on the range, I still would like to know the answers to my other questions posted above if possible. Possibly VMW could answer those questions if no one else has the answers it would be nice to know the match's sounds like alot of fun
    and I will be trying to make the next one there.

Bob

11. vmw

vmw

POC1,

"Is that correct that these two shooters shot half of the 500's fired" - Yes

"the same two shooters are the one's listed in the first four places" - Yes

"how was it determined who was first second third or fourth with the scores being the same" - X count broke ties for a given score. I used alphabetical ranking when the scores and X count tied.

The scores for the individual Indoor Matches only account for bragging rights. Using the GSSF-IM required averaging, the probability of having a tie based upon the average of score and X count is low. I've had to use group size to determine the overall winner before and would use that again if upon averaging the 500 scores and X count, a tie exists.

Hope this helps.

vmw
    http://nasr.com/

12. Bullzeye

Bullzeye

13. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i shoot the new albaney indoor matches, like doing it, have a good time, not very good. i'm a c class shooter and i don't really know how to improve. seems if i pratice i just relearn my bad habits. only complaints i have and they aren't much is i have hard time hearing the buzzer sometimes and other people shooting rifles or big handguns.

14. vmw

vmw

ede

Blackwing Shooting Center is holding a "Glock Match Clinic" on April 10. See http://www.blackwingsc.com Look at the crawler on the right side of the screen

Mike is always at the top of the results for indoor and outdoor matches. An excellent shooter and coach.

vmw

15. ede

ede Bama's Friend

yes i called and left a message that i wanted to go, so far no one has called me back. maybe mike can teach me something, or at least show me what i'm doing wrong.

16. Blackwing1

Blackwing1

Thanks vern,

sorry we missed your call we are closed on Mondays and we try to respond as quickly as possible.
    just try us any time tues-fri 10am-9pm;sat&sun 10am-6pm

Tyler
    www.BlackWingSC.com