close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st time out with the G19 this year and I'm pleased!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Screaminss01, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Screaminss01

Screaminss01

It seems like a year since I shot last (November). I brought the G19 out with my Remington 870 I got for Christmas and I was beyond pleased. I am a relatively new shooter and only have 2000 rounds through the G19. I was expecting to shoot poor until I got the feel for the gun again but boy was I wrong. I consistantly shot relatively tight groups to the center mass and pretty good head shots also.
    I also spent some time shooting blocks and I did well with the 870. Of course there is room for improvement but all I have is time. I recently was laid off so I have tons of time to shoot. And do the list the Mrs. has for me (she's sitting right beside me). Wish she was into guns...

Cleaned the Glock and its in tip top shape. Nothing like a clean Glock and a clear conscience after a good range trip with your EDC.

2. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

:thumbsup:
    I shot yesterday too. S&W 642, G23, & S&W 629.
    Man, it was fun. I had nice groups with the G23 & 629, but I need practice with that little snubbie.

3. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

The G19 is a fun shooter.

4. capecodcowboy

capecodcowboy

Can't wait to get out myself! Have a safe summer with lots of trigger time!:supergrin:

5. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

Very fun gun to shoot. very accurate little gun.

CM

6. glockguerilla

glockguerilla

Me too. Great weather to get out... G23, G22...a lot of fun.

7. Screaminss01

Screaminss01

I wanna spend some time with the G27. I haven't been able to shoot that gun with any consistency. The weather is nice and I have a decent stock pile of ammo.

8. yrbender

yrbender

I got out too. Like golf clubs start with the 30, 21, 22 then 20. It was snowing didnt even notice the blisters on my hands until now. I was having trouble before this and changed my trigger finger position and was on with all of them. Love the glock

9. tango44

tango44

G19 is the perfect gun, perfect size, grip, capacity, accurate, all you need is mags and that little thing will digest all type of ammo that you can feed her with.

10. XDRoX

XDRoX

I agree.

And to the OP, a 19, 27 and an 870? That's a nice start to a nice little collection. I see a 22 in your future soon:supergrin:

11. Seraph

Seraph

I wouldn't say the G19 is perfect, by any means, but they sure are hard to beat. I have a couple, and they've really grown on me, completely besides their obvious utility. I'll go ahead and say that everyone ought to own a couple of 9mm Glocks. I'm looking to get a couple more 19's, or possibly 17's or 34's, in OD, before moving on to some other makes, to round out a polymer-striker-pistol collection. High on my list are Smith M&P, Steyr M series, and Caracal, not necessarily in that order.

12. zeme05

zeme05

Shot my G19 for the third time today and was very pleased with the way it shot. Long story short, I've had a G23 for about 15 yrs and about 2yrs ago bought a .40-9mm conversion bbl for it. It works fine but I just wanted a G19. The conversion is ok for range work but maybe not so good for CCW. Anyway I am planning to put the Sherrer 3.5# connector in tommorrow (about 15 min). This seems to give me tighter groups in my G21 and G26. You might consider it if you have the stock 5.5# stock connector in it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  13. den888

den888

Sounds like fun !