close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1st time going to the MO shoot.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fumble, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

My friend’s and I will be taking a little road trip to the Hallsville MO Glock shoot in September. Since it will be our first time there (note; we have shot the Oakdale MN match several times) can anyone offer some advice on what to expect, or any tidbits of information that would be of use to us as first timers in MO.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Should be about the same as Oakdale, only warmer.;)

3. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Hey, Fumble. I have attended the Hallsville match a few times (I think this year will be #5 or 6, can't remember).

Reserve your hotel/motel soon. I believe that the University of Missouri has a home game that weekend (as they have nearly every year I have attended).

Restaurants will be crowded Sat night.

Late Saturday or early Sunday morn will be the least busy times at the range, in my experience.

If I think of any more helpful hints, I will post them.

4. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

I have shot the Hallsville match several times and it's a great match. Since they have changed the layout of the range, the light is great anytime of the day. I have found that if you arrive after 1:00 PM on Saturday and before 3:00 PM, you can shoot and be on your way quickly. I will be there at that time. If you have questions, look for me. I will be wearing a red TEAM CARVER Mount shirt. My name is Bobby and I will be happy to help you anyway that I can.

Travel safely,
    Bobby

5. MrMunster

MrMunster

I haven't been down to Columbia in several years. Can someone a little closer to that area post an update on road conditions?

Specifically, how are 61 & 63 these days? Is MO still dragging their feet on finishing the Avenue of the Saints?

TIA.

6. G21H30

G21H30

Fumble,
    G21 is right about MU home games. The wife and I will be attending for the 7th year and shooting Saturday depending on the weather. We choose to stay in Booneville MO. which is about 25 miles west of Columbia the rooms are around $68 (2 person Queen size bed). After one night in Columbia during a MU home game win I found out getting some rest is more important than being a little closer to the match;Q John Skaggs and all the people at Green Valley Rifle& Pistol Club are a first class operation. While I'm not anywhere near the shooter Bobby is, I prefered shooting on the old layout only because it offered more shade and scenery. Hope you have an enjoyable match and a safe trip to and from the match.

7. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Lovely range!

8. Fumble

Fumble RIP Poom . . .

When we tried to book rooms we found out about the football game . . so we are staying in Kansas City. It's a little far but not as far as Wisconsin. One of our party has been to KC several times for Twins/Royals games so he knows the area pretty good.