Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my EDC X9 yesterday but didn't have time to get to the range.

The sure feels good in hand & ran 100rds 115gr Speer fmj with zero issues.

18rd & 15rd magazines filled completely without difficulty. The 18rd would not insert fully & lock with slide in battery. The 15rd'ers would. I'll download one to 17rds & try next range session.

100% flawless.

I'm very pleased with the trigger. Gun recovers sight picture incredibly fast. I couldn't run slowly :) I figured I'm function checking on this quick break-in session more than anything else so I let it ride.

100 fast rounds at 25" transitioning from low ready-to center mass-to head.

Sights were very easy to acquire. This is my first rounded & polished gold bead front sight....and this initial session required zero acclimation. It jumps out to my eye. I like it....bigly. :)

Gun fitment in my hand is very much to my liking. The slightly greater girth is welcome. The X-TAC pattern secures the gun well. It's no 20 lpi, however it's sufficient to handle this overly-lubed gun in this session. The grip panels felt great. Looking forward to seeing how they feel when carrying.

Ran 100rd of PMC 230gr fmj through the Baer UTC at same 25'. The gun has 300rds since its I picked her up last week. I've been running the same ten 8-rd magazines in it since day one. 7 are WC ETM and 3 are the LB mags that came with the gun.

In the first session there was one case of the slide not locking back on empty with one of the LB magazines. It didn't repeat the issue...nor has it since. There have been zero issues of any other type in the 300 rounds that's been fired.

Prior to the range I simply wiped down and added several drops of Weapon Shield. She's got some gunk slurry accumulation inside. Runs great.

The thin factory grips will be replaced when I strip it down for cleaning soon.....session or two from now. Thin grips don't work well in my hands.....was something I'd expected.

Trigger is super. I'm very pleased with the trigger in each of the guns fired today.

She wants to run full throttle....which was welcome since things were getting more crowded for my liking.

Of the factory sight options available I am firmly convinced these were the right choice for me.

Hopefully I'll make it back earlier next time to avoid the crowded conditions. Family sharing the lane beside me with Dad barking out orders to them loudly, speaking really fast & in a language I didn't understand. The young son & wife looked miserable, too.

Grateful for the quick trip and troublefree performance from the guns. Sights, triggers and controls are setup wonderfully.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Looks good. My but you're in good shape for magazines. That's the only thing I find irritating is the price of good magazines. Maybe I'm talking out of ignorance my belief is that magazines are disproportionally expensive compared to the guns they serve. Don

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happy 4th Everyone.

Snuck over to the crowded indoor and ran 3 guns.....all are or will become carry weapons.

25' for everything today. No issues.

First up was the runt of the group. This little alloy framed .45 is proving itself nicely. 100% reliable from day one & accurate when I do my part.

Two single shots from low-ready. An aimed 7rd mag run and then a slowly fired aimed 7rd mag.

Next was 51 rounds from the EDC X9.

First mag was low-ready to center mass. Next two mags low-ready to center mass (1 shot) & to head (1 shot).

Finished off with 100rds of gubmint .45 action. This one remains 100% reliable. 400 rds through it now. Only bobble was a failure to lock back on empty slide on first outing...with new factory mag first use. Been using same mags for each session and no repeat issues of any kind.

First shot head shot & then chased it with remainder of mag.

Remainder were taken quickly at center mass....up from low-ready & chasing them.

Knocking the rust off and some trigger time is sure nice.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which sights are those, on the BAER?

I specc'd them out on the build which really didn't take all that long, shy of 8 weeks.

I liked the way the framework protects the fiber.

Les does't allow for many options....just his own. My thoughts were that I'd most likely replace the rear with Heine Ledge.

They've held up through the first 400 rounds of grime, oil and such. Another hundred+ rounds and I'll do the first field strip and thorough cleaning.

Looks good. My but you're in good shape for magazines. That's the only thing I find irritating is the price of good magazines. Maybe I'm talking out of ignorance my belief is that magazines are disproportionally expensive compared to the guns they serve. Don

Thanks. I agree.

I've got a couple more of those LB 8rd mags and a few more of the WC ETM 8rd mags....both for .45.

Have a few WC 47 versions for officer's .45 and gubmint 10mm. I need to look into some 9mm & .38 Super.

I like being able to buy replacement baseplates, springs & followers when needed.

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Great! Love your taste in guns.

Reactions: DubfromGA
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.