GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a brand new blue label Glock 36 yesterday. When I got home, I detail stripped it and was disappointed to see that the top of the frame was uneven and appeared stippled, rather than smooth. This is not my 1st Glock, but all the others have had the tops of the frame machined as smooth as glass. Really took me by surprise, as I would have rejected this frame for poor quality and not up to the usual standards that I have seen in the past. Is this normal now, or did I purchase a "second" without being told? In checking out the rest of the gun, I noticed greater variances between the frame and the slide. Poor craftsmanship. Haven't shot it yet as I can't seem to get past these cosmetic annoyances. It frustrates me to pay for something and not get what I perceive as good value for my dollar. Am I being too particular or have others seen a drop in qualty also? Do I have any recourse?

·
89 Posts
If it functions flawlessly I would keep it. Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Agree if it shoots, shoot it. Pics?:upeyes:

·
Florist
19,956 Posts
Purchased a brand new blue label Glock 36 yesterday. When I got home, I detail stripped it and was disappointed to see that the top of the frame was uneven and appeared stippled, rather than smooth. This is not my 1st Glock, but all the others have had the tops of the frame machined as smooth as glass. In checking out the rest of the gun, I noticed greater variances between the frame and the slide.
Top of the plastic frame? Or do you mean top of the metal slide? The current finish is a matt, flat finish, and the previous finish was a glossy finish. Maybe the glossy finish hid the "stippled" appearance better?

Photos would help.

·
Registered
14,544 Posts
It is hard to give advice without pictures.

If it is really deformed and visible when the gun is assembled, take it back.
If it is minor and on the inside take it out and shoot it. If it runs keep shooting it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Where on the top of the frame does it appear stippled? Do you mean towards the front end of the gun? When you say stippled you mean actual small indentations on the gun? Also, did the dealer not let you inspect or see your gun at all before buying it? You should really try to take a pic to show us what you are trying to say, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts