1st glock match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by 1stglock4me, Jun 27, 2005.

1. 1stglock4me

1stglock4me

Hey all, I just shot my first glock type match, not an official gssf match but a local deal with the same set up etc. just no glock officials. Anyway I shot a 201.16, the plates killed me, adding 20 sec to my time. other than that, I felt pretty good with the rest. I'm sure the speed will come. This was only my 4th time shooting the new glock and i'm still trying to fig out the sight picture. Any suggestions on how i should hold the sights.

Someone said to cover the impact point I want with the front dot, others say they hold just as you would a target set up, with the top of the front site level with the top rear, and the bulls eye just above.....and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SC

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You should have asked yesterday. :)

Go here http://www.bobtuley.com/sight_picture.htm and you'll see the two sight pictures you describe. I use the center hold, I think you'll find it the best for use with your Glock and action shooting.

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

saturday i shot 7 sets of plates without a miss then missed on the 8th set and fell apart, left 2 standing. shooting the steel, or missing it, sure messes with my head. as for sight picture i shot the same, center hold, regardless of the target.

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Welcome to a world of fun.....my first match was a 232.00,after 4 years I have cut that in half and am now starting to shoot below 100 this year.The mentors here are tremendous and when you start to meet these people in person the rewards are tripled....set your sights on annual goals that are realistic and devote quality time to practice and education of this sport....hope to see ya at a match;f

5. DeLandSkyjumper

DeLandSkyjumper Play'naNewGame

SC, when I shot my first Glock style match at our club just a little over a year ago, I shot something like a 286. Every match we had, I watched my score drop, some times just a couple of points and the more I praticed, it would show. The last match we had at our club this past March, I shot a 130.?something and then when I shot my first GSSF match in Orlando I shot 2 guns and shot a 140.?? with ea.

Like Festus mentioned, set a goal to shoot for and practice. It also helps at least for me, to shoot w/ guys that are better or mentors as Festus mentioned. It can help you to keep progressing forward, rather than just reaching a certain point in your abilities and hanging there.

Have fun.