Glock Talk banner

1st gen Glock 19 back from Glock

Tags
glock 19
3K views 52 replies 19 participants last post by  17L1 
#1 ·
Sent a used G19 up to Glock to look over. Received it back within 2 weeks and from their list, they replaced all the internals. The only thing original is the slide, barrel and lower frame.

Shot it at a friends a couple weeks ago and it did great! I took it to the range yesterday putting another box through it and the G19 did great.

I used Federal 115 grn target ammo from Walmart and this from standing open sights at 5 yrds.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
It doesn't really matter to me 1st or 2nd gen. I bought it used from a gun shop, I believe the serial number puts its production in the early 80's and it had a NY1 leaf spring. And I mean it looked like a "leaf" spring...

But again, I don't care. They rebuilt it and it is working great for me...

Discussion starter · #7 ·
It doesn't really matter to me 1st or 2nd gen. I bought it used from a gun shop, I believe the serial number puts its production in the early 80's and it had a NY1 leaf spring. And I mean it looked like a "leaf" spring...

But again, I don't care. They rebuilt it and it is working great for me...
And I don't want to change my thread topic. My G19 does have checkering on the front and back of the grip if you want to call the a 2nd generation, ok. But I thought the 19's came out during the Glock 17's second generation. I mean they have the 2nd gen 17's frame, but as this is the time they 1st came out, aren't they technically 1st generation 19's?

Well I can't go back and change the thread title so how about this, I sent and old, 80's model Glock 19 back to Glock..........

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Why the attitude?

You don't have a first generation glock 19 from the early 80's. You have a second generation Glock 19 from the late 1980's. And you sent it back to Glock and got the internals replaced and it shoots like a Glock. Fantastic! Enjoy.

PS: If you did by chance have a 1st generation glock 19 you would be advised not to send it anywhere near Glock or let them get their hands on it, no telling what they might do...replace it with a 4th gen :supergrin:

Thanks, I like your overview better. My error on the generation. I keep slip ons over the grip. Really enjoying shooting it!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.