Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I've been shooting glocks and general weapons for about 10 years now. Well anyways bought a new 19x on Friday and am seeming to get jamming occasionally and stovepipes. Cleaned and lubed properly put 300 rounds through and still get stove piping occasionally what do you think the issue may be?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to the range again today and I'm not limp wristing I've shot in the law enforcement academy thousands of rounds and shot personally thousands of rounds never a issue with my 34,17,22 so I'll try different ammo today and if that's not the issue then my next look will be the extracter I guess. I've just never had a extracter problem before so it kinda rubs me wrong I guess. Did a little research and some say the recoil spring may need breaking in? Never heard of that before with Glocks but I guess it could be a shot.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
A

Alright sweet I'll try some different kinds this weekend. Thanks a bunch
A Glock should be able to shoot any type of ammo but sometimes, guns can be finicky. There are always lemons too, Ive had my share of them. Good luck getting it sorted out, no fun buying a gun and having issues...again, been there, done that.

Reactions: Deputy and Toby196

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Are you loading the mags to full capacity or holding back 1 round?

I recommend the latter til the springs loosen up a bit, just a few hundred rounds.

Also Winchester white 115 grain 'can' be finicky in some newer Glocks

·
Registered
921 Posts
The Winchester white box 115 grainers are the only factory round I’ve had problems with cycling a few of my new out of the box handguns (HK USPc, G17c, Springfield EMP) and then only certain lots. Some boxes of it has cycled 100% while others have given all 3 of those problems. I am surprised that the Federal ammo gave problems.

I wonder if the RSA is slightly different in the 19X given that it was taken from the MHS program?

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
Hello everyone I've been shooting glocks and general weapons for about 10 years now. Well anyways bought a new 19x on Friday and am seeming to get jamming occasionally and stovepipes. Cleaned and lubed properly put 300 rounds through and still get stove piping occasionally what do you think the issue may be?
Hello Matthew, thank you for your service and welcome to GT! Based on the info you've provided it's tough to say exactly what could be going on.

Can you be more specific on the types of malfunctions that you were experiencing and also the type of ammo you were shooting when you experienced the problems? Did you load one round in the chamber then top off and insert a full mag? Was it the 17 round mag or the 19 round mags?

It is also helpful if you mark your magazines so you can see if the problems happen with a specific magazine.

Good luck at the range today!

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.