Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I own quite a few handguns I don’t always get to shoot them all that much. In fact along with this 19X, I have a nib 23, nib 19, nib 30 all gen 4’s that have only been cleaned but never fired. I like to train with what I edc. That being said my 3 42’s get the most action. A gen 2.5 30 is my nightstand gun along with g21 mags. A gen4 26 or 27 if I feel the need for a larger caliber for a truck gun along with g19 or g22/23 mags.
Anyway I finally got the 19X out to the range. I shoot at an outdoor range so I loaded the 3 mags that came with the gun along with 6 magpul g21 9mm mags. What a fine gun this 19x really is. That g17 rtf frame is perfect for draw n fire drills. I saw where people are having issues with slide wear so I just put it in a soft holster rather than a leather or kydex one.
I really like this gun and picked up the sights quickly in full sunlight.
I’ll take this gun out to the range again soon.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Since I own quite a few handguns I don’t always get to shoot them all that much. In fact along with this 19X, I have a nib 23, nib 19, nib 30 all gen 4’s that have only been cleaned but never fired. I like to train with what I edc. That being said my 3 42’s get the most action. A gen 2.5 30 is my nightstand gun along with g21 mags. A gen4 26 or 27 if I feel the need for a larger caliber for a truck gun along with g19 or g22/23 mags.
Anyway I finally got the 19X out to the range. I shoot at an outdoor range so I loaded the 3 mags that came with the gun along with 6 magpul g21 9mm mags. What a fine gun this 19x really is. That g17 rtf frame is perfect for draw n fire drills. I saw where people are having issues with slide wear so I just put it in a soft holster rather than a leather or kydex one.
I really like this gun and picked up the sights quickly in full sunlight.
I’ll take this gun out to the range again soon.
I take it you shoot the 42s a lot! Do you ever catch yourself riding the slide stop lever and locking the gun out?? I do with my 43 more than I like to admit. Never did with my 42.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,196 Posts
I’ve been very happy with my 19X. As far as use, I train with all of my weapons because they are used in various roles for defensive use i.e. EDC, night stand, HD, woods carry etc. As an instructor (L.E. as well as private citizens) I want to be as proficient as possible in as many different platforms as possible. I view them as tools to be used and used hard. That way I know the capabilities of each particular platform and what I can expect from it.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts
I have no new and unfired firearms except an H&R "Little Bighorn" commemorative M1873 carbine that I stupidly bought 45 years ago. There's something just not right about leaving a serviceable firearm unfired. :)

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
8,196 Posts
I have no new and unfired firearms except an H&R "Little Bighorn" commemorative M1873 carbine that I stupidly bought 45 years ago. There's something just not right about leaving a serviceable firearm unfired. :)
Agreed. I can see it if the weapon is a limited edition, collectible or has some special personal value. Other than that I see no reason to have weapons staying around unused. Any new addition I obtain I want to vet.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I take it you shoot the 42s a lot! Do you ever catch yourself riding the slide stop lever and locking the gun out?? I do with my 43 more than I like to admit. Never did with my 42.
Most users do. It’s a really small frame for medium to larger hands. Using aftermarket slide stops like the vickers only made the problem worse. You have to really watch your thumb to keep it off the ssl.

·
Boatswain's Mate
262 Posts
Yeah I like mine a lot too. I shake my head at myself because before last month when I picked up both a G45 and a G19X, I only liked the big boys of Glocks. I had a G20 and a G21. I never thought I would like the smaller ones because the only other Glock I had tried was a Glock 19 and it just didn't feel right in my hand. I thought all of the "little fellas" would feel that way so I never even tried them. But I now love the 19X and the G45. I think I'll like the G17 too and might get one also just to add to the collection.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I apologize if I did not make that clearer. I just have not got around to running them yet, but I will. I guess I have a tendency to be more caliber specific. Right now I’m running 9mm so it’s been a 19x, a wg p226 not new but low round count and a new xdsc 9. Could have thrown that other g4 19 in the mix but really just wanted to check out the 19x before I broke the 19 in. I like to run at least 500 rounds of FMJ through any gun I might consider as a carry piece. Then a few mags of the chosen carry ammo. All without issues of any type other than user error.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts