Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18,795 Posts
By "covered hold" are you referring to the top edge of the sights cutting across the center of the point of impact? Because that's how sight picture has been taught and fixed sight guns have been sighted since I was born (1960's). Bullseye competitors used to use a 6 o'clock hold, but even they now shoot POA/POI across the center of the bullseye.
If you take one of your G17's, install a 6.1mm rear sight and go shoot it, you will know right away the difference between POI/POA and what some call "covered hold" or "combat hold". ;)

I am not sure where it came from.

· Registered
18,795 Posts
That explains some of my frustration at the range the other day.
:drowning:

Was going to leave it unmolested, in case of resale. But who am I kidding, I’m never going to sell it.

:exercise:

I have a spare set of agent sights that are going on as soon as I get home from work....
Just aim at the neck. :)

· Registered
18,795 Posts
I swapped my Trijicons I had on my G22.3, I'll go to the range tomorrow and see what happens. Sucks though I thought the Glock night sights would be gtg and I wouldn't have to buy anything else for it.
On my G42 and G43, the Glock Night Sights are regulated perfectly POI=top of the blade, at least at the ranges I use them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.