close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1997 Taylor 412CE acoustic

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Grabbrass, May 23, 2003.

1. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

I've got this posted over at taylorguitarforum.com, but it certainly can't hurt to try here ... although I am looking for at least $1000 for this (see my thread from yesterday in GNG http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158162 ) I will consider a partial trade for a Glock 9mm (preferably a 19) plus remainder in cash. I need to raise SOME money from this to buy my wife something when we have our baby (a girl!) in July, but daddy wants something too! Make an offer... here's the info

1997 412CE ... concert body, satin finish, solid spruce top, mahogany sides and back. Single owner. The grain all around is very nice, the ebony on the fretboard is blacker than most with very little blonde. It is in excellent condition. It's 99.9999%. There is the usual pick rubs on the pickguard, but the soundboard is unmarked ... no nicks, no dings. The ONLY blemish I can find on the whole guitar is a small flake of finish only (not wood) about 2mm square and less than 1/3mm deep chipped out on the top backside edge of the pegboard on the tip of one of the crown points. Look at a Taylor and you'll know what I'm talking about. This small chip in the finish has to be looked for and nobody but a collector/appraiser would ever see it (and this isn't a "collector" anyway .. it's a player!). It has the cutout, and the Fishman prefix onboard system. It is cosmetically identical to a new 412ce on Taylor's website, but has a traditional (not NT) neck, and it has the old Taylor pinless bridge.

Original hardshell Taylor case, all paperwork including my original receipt, original neck wrench and case key. Nothing is missing. This guitar has been a 100% living room player ... no gigs, no rough handling. It was and still is loved, but got married and ran out of time for all my hobbies .. it has been stored with slack strings for almost three years. Selling now to raise money for "new mom" present for my wife (and maybe a "new dad" present for me )... we are expecting a daughter in July.

I don't have a digital camera but if youre interested I can probably find someone to loan me one to take a few shots for you.

Email butsubelly@yahoo.com or pm me here.

2. Grabbrass

Grabbrass