close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1993 Honda CBR 600 F2 Motorcycle $2500 - VA

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by wct097, Mar 16, 2004.

1. wct097

wct097

Description:

1993 Honda CBR 600 F2 with 1996 F3 plastics. Yoshi slip on exhaust. Sprocketed -1 +2 (f/r). K&N air filter.

Extra parts included: F3 shock (should lower bike approx 1"), factory sprockets, spare mirrors, extra shifter, fork seals, replacement left tail plastic, hardback Haynes manual, spare lever, spare front tire, and front wheel spacer.

Recent work includes a fresh valve adjustment & head gasket that was done while the head was removed to fix a stripped spark plug hole. Fresh plugs, fresh oil & filter. Newer rear brake pads, and a year old battery.

Existing problems: The turn signals don't work. I think it must be the relay as they had been working fine. The fork seals are bad, hence the replacements that go with the bike.  The tachometer is bad, and reads high. The left tail section is cracked badly, and the mounting tabs are broken.... again, that's why I have a replacement that goes with the bike. The front tire is worn out on the sides, and I have a new one that I will probably have installed by the time the bike sells. The front wheel spacer (goes between the wheel bearings) needs to be replaced with the new one I have when the front tire is installed. I personally would suggest replacing the chain as it makes a lot of noise while riding.

The bike also has some scuffs and scratches that I have been very careful to take good pictures of. Mileage is 28k. I've put on 12k of that myself with very few minor problems. It has been a solid bike for me, and I've enjoyed it. I bought it 06/18/2001. I'm selling it because I bought a new bike (the F4 pictured in the background).

The title is clear.  It has only fallen over once since I've owned it. The previous owner also had a zero MPH turn over. I tend to believe that this bike has been wrecked in the past due to the plastics being replaced with newer model plastics, but I have no idea about the details of that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]