close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1993, G19 Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jtf650, Apr 18, 2012.

1. jtf650

jtf650

"1993, G19 Upgrade

Glock Model 19, 9mm Luger caliber, requires an upgrade for all pistols.

These pistols have the potential for an UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE of a cartridge with the action open.

The Glock model 19 pistol slide has a bottom protrusion, whose function is to push cartridges from the top of the magazine into the chamber. When the pistol is jammed in a double feed situation, the slide protrusion can come in contact with the primer of the jammed cartridge and cause UNINTENTIONAL DISCHARGE while the action is open."

The quote above is from the serial number thread. The source for that quote is noted elsewhere as "AFTE Journal, July 1993; Volume 25, Number 3:206-208." I have searched and googled and have been unable to find a definitive answer as to what it is all about. I called Glock and spoke to someone in the Warranty department who said he knew nothing about it. Does anybody know for sure what this refers to? Thanks.

2. adamg01

adamg01

I would like to know more as well. I know I looked up my Gen. 2 19 and it was either a 92 or 93 but I can't remember for sure.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Never heard of it. On G21's there is a modification:

"G21 pistols prior to serial number ALD, the pickup rail is reduced and the right rear edge of the ejection port is angled."

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

If it's an upgrade that Glock does, they probably don't do it often and most of the people who work in their Warranty Department now may not know about it. Though if it does exist, it should show up in their computer system when they enter a serial number that falls within that range. I'd call them up, give them the serial number on the frame, and ask if there are any upgrades that should be done.

I've noticed that with early G19's and G23's, the pickup rail that strips the top round out of the magazine is flush with the breech face. In later models, that rail is bevelled back. The full size 9/40/357 still use the flush pickup rail as far as I know, while the compact and sub-compacts have the bevelled rail.

Flush:
    [​IMG]

Bevelled:
    [​IMG]

5. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster G17 carrier since 1989 Millennium Member

This situation sounds dangerous . . . . .