close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1992 Jeep

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by FatBob, Jan 26, 2006.

1. FatBob

FatBob

SOLD PENDING FUNDS!!!

Ok, I love my Jeep, but my wife is getting very frustrated with me parking in her garage spot, and she says it has to go (she's tired of parking outside in the winter).[}:D] So here it is:

I have a 1992 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) Laredo, 4 door, 4wd Selectrack (2wd, 4wd Part time, 4wd Full time, and 4wd LO). It has the 4.0L straight 6 motor with 222,XXX miles on it. I know that's a lot of miles, but it still runs very strong. The Jeep is Dark Green with Grey interior.

THE GOOD

- CLEAR TITLE IN MY NAME!!!, Plates were just tagged in October ( Good deal for MN interests)
    - 4" lift installed this winter, the rear got about 5" of lift to fix the common XJ rear sag.
    - All new shocks at time of lift.
    - 31x10.5x15 Goodyear MTR's (good tread left ~60% or so), on 2002 Jeep factory rims.
    - Front fenders chopped and TJ flares installed to open up for bigger tires/more articulation. I have the rear TJ flares, but haven't chopped the rear fenders yet.
    - 2" reciever hitch tow package (factory I think, but I don't know).
    - Luggage Rack
    - Tilt steering wheel
    - Cruise control (it actually works!)
    - Clarion CD player and cheap speakers
    - Brand new battery earlier this winter
    - Runs strong, 4X4 works great
    - power locks and windows
    - tinted windows (maybe factory??? it isn't too dark)
    - Rubber floor mats in front, and full rubber cargo mat in back.
    - full size spare
    - all locks work

THE BAD

- Has slight power steering leak. I will get a spot on the garage floor if I park it for a couple days, and you can hear it whine a little at slow speed turns (sign that air is getting in). However I topped off the reserviour over a month ago, and the level is still good. Also power steering works, and not tough to turn at all.
    - Rust is eating away the rocker pannels (common). And there are a number of rust spots on the vehicle but no holes (other than the rocker pannels), just surface rust. I was going to clean it and paint it this summer, but the wife wants it gone. Also the floorboards are solid and not rusty.
    - Crack in passanger side of windshield, just in the upper 6", not affecting field of view at all. I was going to have insurance replace it this spring.
    - Rear passenger door window motor doesn't work, but the window is closed!
    - elec. switch between starter and ignition went out. Had a starter button wired in, it still uses the key, it just makes it very hard to steal!
    - paint is oxidizing.

The Jeep doesn't NEED anything, and can be driven AS IS! I know it sounds like a lot of BADS, but I'm just being brutaly honest so there are no suprises. Like I said, I love this Jeep, and I've been driving it every day this winter (I've got my 2002 car parked and covered in the heated garage). It's never failed me, and it rides good. It would make a great hunting vehicle, bug out vehicle, woods truck, mud truck, or even daily driver (if you weren't commuting 50+ miles a day).

Kelleys Blue Book says it's worth $2,000. I'm looking at about a $1,200 trade value. What I'd really like is:
    - Colt 6450 9mm AR
    - A pretty nice AR set-up (16" disipator prefered, but I like other 16" and 20" as well)
    - H&K USP Tactical .45acp (+ a little $$$)

I'll try to get pictures soon.

2. FatBob

FatBob

3. FatBob

FatBob

4. brookstexas

brookstexas

If you would post location.....

5. FatBob

FatBob

My fault. Minnesota.

6. cnemikeman

cnemikeman

7. FatBob

FatBob

$1,200

8. The Habit

The Habit كافر

Would you drive this rig 1200 miles? I've got a lot of frequent flier miles and have been looking for a good trail rig XJ project.

9. FatBob

FatBob

I've never driven it that far, but I don't see why it wouldn't make the trip.