Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
finishes it...
4,055 Posts
iirc, they stood in for colts in wild bunch too.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
Yes it shot fine, did two mags worth.
Well there you go. Always a good feeling when a new old gun performs as hoped

Kudos to you for finding something different. I'm not familiar, that's made in Spain or Argentina?

·
Registered
5,743 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is some wear, this one shows ‘Naval Service’ by the markings. The seller said it was looked over by a gunsmith before the sale. Yes, that could be almost anything. It’s a way to get into a 1940’s ‘1911’(more or less) at 1/2 price of a US GI gun. At least that’s part of my thinking. All serial numbered parts match, including the magazine, which is rare. The grips are not original.

My milsurp collecting Son had his ideas in the pot too.

·
Registered
5,743 Posts
There is some wear, this one shows ‘Naval Service’ by the markings. The seller said it was looked over by a gunsmith before the sale. Yes, that could be almost anything. It’s a way to get into a 1940’s ‘1911’(more or less) at 1/2 price of a US GI gun. At least that’s part of my thinking. All serial numbered parts match, including the magazine, which is rare. The grips are not original.

My milsurp collecting Son had his ideas in the pot too.
Ah, a mil surp option to the $1,000 CMP 1911 I got

And hey, yours is Bac approved even

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Argentina, with oversight by Colt engineers.
[/QUOTE}

According to this info, it was the Sistema Colt Modelo 1927 itself a licensed copy of the Colt M1911A1, that was built under the supervision of Colt engineers.. I had also found that during my research when I bought a Sistema Colt a few years back. The BM was built as a cheaper substitute for the Sistema

·
Distended Membe
1,272 Posts
The late Gordon G. Liddy called it Ballbuster Ballerina in one of his men’s adventures books.

He also said that they were made using steel from the armor of the battleship Graf Spee

1 - 20 of 24 Posts