close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1911 Rig's

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by rsxr22, Mar 10, 2011.

1. rsxr22

rsxr22

OK guys. We sit around and show pictures all the time about 1911's we own and want. I'd like to see what exactly everyone is using for gear when their shooting or if their just ambitious photographers with a love for 1911's.

So lets see your 1911's in there respected kydex or leather. Also, let me know what your using it for. If you compete in shooting sports, which ones?
    And also on average your monthly round count. Let's try and be realistic! It's always been my rule of thumb to subtract atleast 300-500 rounds from what people normally list.

Heres mine!
    [​IMG]

L to R: *Springfield EMP in Milt Sparks VMII. It is my EDC, and the only leather holster I own besides an old Don Hume that sits in the safe.
    *Wilson CQB in Garrett Industries Silent Thunder. This is my new IDPA/USPSA gun. I have not ran it through a match yet because of lack of time, bad weather, and i havent broken it in completely yet.
    *Springfield TRP in Comp-Tac paddle. This is my old faithful. Have one quite a bit of local IDPA matches in CDP division with this guy. It saw action in a few USPSA matches while i was in GA, but I swear one guy shot like T. Jarrett that I competed against therefore never had any 1st place wins.

So let's see what you guys have!

2. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

Don't the kydex scratch and wear down your finish?

3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

a galco cop series owb in black

4. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Oh my, 1911's in kydex...someone might have crapped their pants :rofl:

Honestly, I am not carrying any 1911 at this time. I hope to rotate one back in but that's another topic all in its own.

I sold my VM-II for a HUGE profit, but I have some goodies from John at 5-Shot to fill my leather needs.

Left - SA Custom Carry in Comp-Tac paddle. I'm hoping I can use this for CCW but it has to pass my HP test.

Right - Nighthawk Enforcer in Comp-Tac straight drop paddle. This is one of my HD pistols.

I'm not much of a gamer but have done a few IDPA matches, but with a totally different pistol. I hope to use one of these some day in some classes I have planned this year.

As for my monthly round count, 800-1000 lately in 45acp, and I have plenty of evidence.

[​IMG]

5. rsxr22

rsxr22

There is a huge argument over that. The middle kydex holster is a kydex holster, but it is leather lined.

As far as your question goes, I've used my TRP in that holster for 2 years. The only wear points are on GS, TS, and SS from me. There is a wear point on the muzzle too, but that was from my clumsy Pitbull!

6. rsxr22

rsxr22

Very nice! I know you have plenty of evidence, and trust, I wont be questioning you LOL
    Good choice on the Comp-Tacs. Mine has kind of been retired since I started using the Garrett, but my G34 is my primary gaming gun and that rides and will always ride in Comp-tac's locking paddle

7. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

How do you compare the regular paddle to the locking? I have a slide model that I use for my Glocks but have thought about one just for my G34.

8. TKR Reptiles

See I tried a leather lined IWB holster on my Kimber, and the first day after removing and re-holstering the gun about ten times the leather had ripped out... Also, it made it almost impossible to draw the weapon without my pants getting pulled up around my neck...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  9. rsxr22

rsxr22

The locking paddle is hands down the nicest holster for support ive ever used. Ive had tons of people at USPSA matches ask me what kind of inner/outer i was using. I always smiled and told them 5.11 Operator belt w/ the comp-tac. They were amazed that there was no movement. If I wouldnt have went to Garret, I would have got another locking for the CQB. They are that good!!

If you want, I can send you my locking paddle for my 34 to try out. Just send it back with cash to cover shipping on my end. And no thieving!!! I had it and the pouches done in carbon fiber and they dont do that anymore.

10. rsxr22

rsxr22

Oh really? that sucks!! I had never tried one until the Garrett. If you like that, I would definitely take a look at them. They are probably the "milt sparks" of kydex and have a 45 day satisfaction guarantee!!! They are a great company to deal with. small and have stuff in order.

11. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Thanks for the offer, but I just looked at Comp-Tac's site and they don't list the locking model anymore. Mine is pretty steady, MUCH better than the CT belt model I had before. Those things are terrible for moving around.

I try to look through CT's Ebay page, they list some older things from time to time, I might get lucky there.

12. rsxr22

rsxr22

WOW I cant believe their not making those anymore. I am definitely calling tomorrow to find out specifics.

13. TKR Reptiles

Luckily this guy has some AWESOME CS... I told him I wasn't feeling the holster, so he let me send it in and he swapper out the leather lined 1911 Kydex with a Glock non leather lined Kydex.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  14. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

WTF, what holster was this

15. TKR Reptiles

I honestly don't want to say his name... Mainly bc he handled the situation over and above my expectations, and I think it might have been an isolated incident...

16. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

All my pistols (except my Sig P232SL) are carried in Comp-Tac OWB holsters.

[​IMG]

17. Jr.

Jr. CLM

Galco COP 3 slot black for my 5" and a Galco M.O.B for my 3.5". Thinking about getting a mtac as it works real good with my G19.

18. awpk03s

awpk03s

Here's a couple shots of mine.

Smith & Wesson Pro Series Subcompact in a Milt Sparts VMII:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  19. awpk03s

awpk03s

And a Nighthawk Enforcer Recon in a Garret Industries Silent Thunder leather lined Kydex rig for a railed gun:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. okie

okie GT Mayor