1911? new rule an 8 rounds lang??

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by sandman_sy, Apr 16, 2007.

1. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

As i was using my Single Stack .40 the other day. Some shooters mentioned(although they weren't sure themselves) But there was news na meron daw rule or something na hangang 8 rounds lang. My Tripp Cobra mags hold 9 .40 caliber:banana:

I totally suck in Single Stack. walang practice on the new gun, too busy right now... Maybe some advice would be nice. I do well on high cap. usually in the middle of the list(pretty good on my standard) But i suck... lot more factor to consider, my head hurt when i was done shooting. heheheh. But totally worth!!! Sniff... sniff... nothing like the smell of gun powder burning in the air!:hearts:

P.S., does anybody here have a infinity magwell for 1911. or a clone and (way cheaper one) would be nice.:p heheheh.

2. bulm540

bulm540

That is the provisional rule in USPSA, 8 rounds in Major and 10 in Minor. I think in IPSC as long as it fits the box , you're OK.

3. boholglock

boholglock

Single Stack is more challenging than Hi-cap.

Approach and tactics requires a lot of planning.

The rules that you mentioned are those of USPSA which is quite fair for most SS competitors with .45ACP 1911's. The 8-round maximum magazine capacity applies to score Major.(This does not include the one in the chamber.)

IPSC may have different guidelines on this.

I'm waiting for my SVI magwell. Will keep you posted.

4. st. matthew

st. matthew [email protected]_u_need_2_c

sir, may i ask what single stack are you using, was it assembled by a gunsmith or buo na siya? tia:)

5. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

Used my STI trojan.:p too lazy to assemble one myself:sad: