1911 holster questions.

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Bladegt, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Bladegt

Bladegt

I recently wanted to get a Blachawk Serpa holster for my Charles Daly M5 1911 and I noticed that the only holster type that Blackhawk has is for Colt 1911 & clones. Now, my question is this. Will the holster that they offer fit a Commander style 1911 without any problems? When I get my CCW permit, next month woo hoo, I will be carrying OWB under a big button up shirt and I like the serpa style holsters with the paddle and the index finger release for a little added security. But back on subject. Will my commander style 1911 fit in one of these holsters? Thanks in advance to the GT braintrust... again! :rofl:

2. DustyDawg48

DustyDawg48

I think you should be ok as most of those type of holsters really just key in on the area around the trigger guard for the retention aspect of the holster. I don't think it'll matter if the barrel is longer or shorter than the standard 5" 1911.

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Should work fine but on a side note I hate plastic holsters, I hate paddle holsters and I'm not very fond of finger release holsters either. :rofl:

4. Bladegt

Bladegt

To each his own. I've trained with their Duty Serpa on my Sig and I love the holster design myself. As far as the finger release goes I will be used to it. Paddle also works out for me becuase of the ease of going from having it off, then bam it is on my hip and ready to go. I was just wondering becuase not all of my firearms have a holster right now and I want to be able to stick them in something I can get at just in case! :tongueout: