close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1911 Gov't Issue (It's worth)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by ourway77, Mar 27, 2006.

1. ourway77

ourway77

Didn't know where to put this question so I'll start here, I have a 1911 US Gov't 45, that I acquired many years ago. A friend of mine is interested in it so I would like to finds it's worth.
    Some details the ser# 229794 Pt Fa Mfg Co in Hartford Conn.USA the gun shoots very good for the barrel it has, also have another barrel, both show the condition of the time, corrosive primers Etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Bravo

Bravo Millennium Member

Being it says Hartford it is in all likehood a Colt. I would call them and they could give you the details.

Bravo out.

3. ourway77

ourway77

Bravo, Thanks I will do that, yes it is a Colt

4. unit 900

unit 900

5. baby74879

baby74879

SIR---You have a Very Bad Piece, very dangerous :alien: Send to me and I will dispose of this properly. I will do this in the name of humanity. :crazy: :50cal:

6. ourway77

ourway77

Baby74879, Thanks but I think I'll keep it. Hasn't blown up yet. Unit 900 Thanks for the info, You have me wondering about the fact they will tell me more than I want to know? I really just wanted to know it's worth I will never sell it, it has sentimental value worth far more than money.

7. Buffdragon

Buffdragon bug bitten

you'd want more money than anyone would ever pay you for it, due to sentiments.

leave it alone and enjoy it.

I have a ring that is very similar. sure, I know what its appraised and insured value is....but it could never be replaced, nor would I try to in the event something happened to it (knock wood)