1911 and Glock, the bad and the ugly?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Putok-Glock, Mar 13, 2007.

1. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

P-G, they already said everything. Good luck na lang with your new 1911, i'm sure you will eventually master it and place on top of standard division.

To answer masky's question, just by comparing hit factors in the batangas match, top standard shooters have higher hit factors than the top production shooters. That would mean if you combine the two divisions, standard shooters would beat production shooters. Open shooters of course will beat everyone....hehehe:bringiton: :tongueout:

2. boni

boni ako ito bok!

sir pano naman yung standard single stack? hehehe

3. mtho

mtho

4. darth board

darth board steel killer

+1 mahirap talaga gamitin ang glock lalo na pag nasanay ka sa 1911. i have nothing against the glock, it's a great gun but it needs a lot of live fire and dry fire to master the trigger pull, yun pa naman ang nakakatakot gawin sa glock, yung extensive dry fire.

5. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

What I was saying was not based on this matches but on informal practice matches we ourselves design, put up and shoot w/ our buddies in our own ranges. In such inf. matches, its not always the open shooters who wins and std beating pd shooters. It all depends on the skill level of each shooter not on their eqpt. Say, if the top pd shooter in the Phil would practice w/ me in a COF, I will surely loss even if I use the best std gun in the world. Got my drift?

And aiming to place on top of std div is not my reason in putting up this thread. so dont be too sure on that.:shocked:

6. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Thanks, Im trying to find a way to acquire any of the 2. Best if I can try your set-up first but its physically not possible for now. TIA.

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

If we are talking about same skill level, the gun will surely make a difference. The same shooter using an open gun, standard gun and production gun, considering that he have mastered all platforms, will have different results. It is just to easy to shoot an open gun compared to a standard gun, same as it is easier to shoot a standard gun compared to a production gun. So same shooter and same COF, shooter will get best results with an open gun then standard and least with a production gun.

That's not what i meant about the purpose of the thread and aiming for top std. Ang alam ko lang kasi and from what i see eh talented ka talaga kaya someday you will eventually be one of the seeded std shooters. :thumbsup:

8. Allegra

Allegra

sino na ba std shooters from bicol ngayon?
    does Jo Dacudao still shoot? great shooter and a good guy

9. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Amen to your 1st paragraph.

Thanks to your confidence in me but Im not that gifted/talented. Its just practice, practice, practice...In my opinion, if all of you will practice as hard as I do, sigurado most if not all will beat me. Also, time is not on my side. I started in this sport at age 43-44 and at 47 now, its a bit far-out to aim for the top. Its just my attitude to do my best in whatever I do. But its a given that my best is not necessarily the best out there.

To give everybody a hint on how hard I practice on and off the range, I developed a tennis elbow in my left arm from dry and live fire practices. I had it since last year, 2 mos. before the PPSA Natls in Paoay, Ilocos. I was injected w/ steroids 2x already in a span of 6mos. and advised to rest for a month or 2. But the injury persisted because I could not resist practicing. The injury is so severe now that the pain hinders my daily routine. Hope I wont need to give-up this sport in the near future...:sad:

10. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

Maraming std shooters in bicol now. In fact, its the top drawer div here. Retired na si Jo d. Di ko na inabot pero magaling daw talaga. Same w/ Robert Chan. Robert was more in the Open pero unbeatable daw sa std in his prime dito. Virtually walang makapag-guide samin in our developments here now. Malas ko lang. Kaya gawa ko puro research in books, mags, internet and from YOU guy/gals. And experiment a lot.

For info, Si Boy Tolentino, ang magaling naming gunsmith, is a great shooter in std here.

11. Allegra

Allegra

Yeah , I know Boy
    Retired na rin pala si Robert
    Si Jo ang parati ko kabiruan sa matches dati , ang alam ko sa tennis na yata siya nahilig

just to comment on your previous post
    Bihira naman ang talented
    Yung iniisip ng iba na talent is not
    Nakikita ko difference ng magagaling na shooter is the attitude

I dont think age is too big a factor kung stad div
    Tingnan mo sa Pible , how old is he , 70 na yata yun pero mabilis pa rin hindi lang sa shooting hehe but he works hard and maganda attitude nya

btw, I think your on the right track sa shooting career mo

12. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

I've been shooting, plinking, hunting ever since I can remember except during several years of martial law but never in competition...I'm about to become T3 in a few months time but I'm giving IPSC competition(standard division) a second thought because of the post above...only problem is I have to buy a new holster again, the one I bought and never used(amadini) last year, I traded it in for .22AirRifle

13. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

masky: it's never too late to try ipsc. gundog started 3-4 yrs ago and he's turning 61 this april. madami na yang pinaiyak na kalaban 1/3 his age! hahaha!

what pistol will you use in standard division?

CR speed holster and its clones pa rin ang safest design wise.

paturo ka ng mga diskarte kay Edgar and Cute!

14. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

Doc, so you shoot in PBD range,also; maybe you are one of the MDs who shoot there with Surgical Face Masks on??... I consider it my "home" range as it is near where I reside...I have an .45 Imperial Defence Platform HC with almost all the entrails replaced or extended and repainted...maybe will replace the old barrel unramped with a ramped bull...BTW, the cause of trade-in of the Amadini which PBD was selling at about 6.5K during that time was that my pistol won't lock in snugly. I'll try that CR holster you recommended ...Two weeks ago Cute offered me a brand new .40 SPS HC for standard div , was so tempted to get it but a prior commitment had to be resolved first

15. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Kung diskarte sa comp, okay naman seguro sina Cute and Edgar.
    Ingat lang na huwag mapunta sa lessons on diskarte ng concealed carry.

I've said it time and again...
    Do NOT under any circumstances allow Cute to demonstrate the
    Pinoy-Mexican holsterless carry technique with any firearm you intend
    to handle afterwards... unless you intend to shoot with gloves on,
    or brought Lysol wipes/dunk for the blaster.

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
    :tongueout:

16. Allegra

Allegra

hehe patay ako kay tolits

IPSC is not physicaly demanding so anyone can start at any age, the youngest I've seen was 11 or 12
    I'ts very similar to golf , more mental than physical
    Demanding din sa wallet

17. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

hehehe! no, i don't frequent PBD as often as before. I'll try to pass by one of these days with pogi and taurus and darth board. what days are you there?

sayang yung .40 hi cap na SPS, prob. belonged to one of the members of team PB who upgraded to an STI. Pareho naman performance ng dalawa.

and as horge said, huwag na huwag mo pa demo pinoy-mexican carry kay CUte! hahaha!

18. maskytrading

maskytrading Guest

I have no "must" days going to PBD range, I just go when I feel like going or when my trigger finger itches but lately I come late at about 3-4pm till closing time 6pm...The owner of the new SPS .40 alleged by Cute is migrating stateside and wants to dispose urgently @140K iirc a week or so ago...doc EC, kindly tell me the background of Cute's pinoy/mex carry:upeyes:

19. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

i'll just let horge tell cute's pinoy style mex carry! hahaha!

20. Putok-Glock

Putok-Glock

This is strange!

After practicing nothing but w/ a 1911 for months, I shot a glock pistol and I was amazed that the 1911 improved my glock shooting a lot! Hows that?!:shocked: