19 Gen 4 standard connector trigger delay to rest

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dirt_slow_5.0, Oct 10, 2018.

1. dirt_slow_5.0

dirt_slow_5.0

What's going on guys let's talk connectors for a second

To start
    I have a 21.3 that I love the trigger on, defined wall and crisp break right after that. Recently I bought a 19.4 for edc and it's been night stand duty and any time I go to the range I want to shoot it. The gen 4 has the dot "." Connector and while it has a small wall it will then creep or travel for a bit before breaking. It breaks nice but I prefer the gen 3. Both these glocks have the trigger bar with the bump on the side.

So tonight for an experiment I broke them both down and put the standard connector in the 19.4 it has a little heavier wall and then a clean break right after that I prefer the way the trigger breaks with the standard connector.

However with the standard connector in when I let the trigger out it kind of delays the last little bit before the trigger safety engages and I can feel it and I don't really like that. It's as if when I release it it returns to rest slowly then pops out the last little bit. Not sure what can cause this? I put the dot connector back in, it doesn't do it at all and putting the standard connector in twice it's been the same. I've tried lubing where the trigger bar and connector meet.

I Did a quick polish on the rear of the trigger bar that rides the connector also I polished the dot connector and tried that too. Still prefer the standard connector but I don't know what could be causing the trigge to get caught up right before returning to rest

Thanks guys

2. GRR

GRR

Stamped parts and molded frames. No two will be exactly alike no matter how you mix and match. You can get close, though.

dirt_slow_5.0 likes this.

3. dirt_slow_5.0

dirt_slow_5.0

Very true I'm going to try swapping the trigger bars too in a few minutes and seeing if it takes care of it. Otherwise I really like the way the standard connector breaks in the 19.4 good wall presence right into the break.

I tried removing the striker safety to make sure it wasn't related to that, No difference. I'm gonna try to track it down but if anyone has any advice where the bar or connector would scrape right before the trigger reaches full rest I would appreciate any input:flag:

4. glockenturm

glockenturm

I'm not sure the triggers will swap between the 21 and 19...

5. GRR

GRR

They won't. The 21 trigger bar is longer than the 19.

6. dirt_slow_5.0

dirt_slow_5.0

Yeah I found out the 21 trigger bar is a little longer, I think it has a little different angle on the end of it. tried swapping the trigger spring no real difference I think with use and dry firing they will wear together a little bit. If it doesnt clean up I might use a magic marker and find out where they’re scraping and try to polish those areas.

It’s really just me nitpicking. But I always thought the gen 3 19 had a little better trigger imo then gen 4. Gonna order another standard connector to put back in my 21 the dot connector in the gen 3 is a little mushy for me.

It’s a good day when you learn a little more about your Glock :cheers:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  7. glockenturm

glockenturm

You should try a NY1 trigger spring and 3.5lb connector....

8. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Your connector angle may bent out a hair too much, causing friction on your trigger bar (pushing it against the frame).

If you plan on keeping your mag release in Right Hand configuration and would like to replicate the exact feel of a Gen 3 trigger, then keep the standard connector and drop in a Gen 3 trigger bar. You will have a true Gen 3 trigger then.

If you’re a lefty, disregard that advice.

9. dirt_slow_5.0

dirt_slow_5.0

Of course I happen to be a lefty and switched the mag release button because I had a mag drop one time while I was carrying iwb. I didn’t realize the trigger bar had any differences for the ambi mag release. But this would surely be the best way to replicate a gen 3 trigger