Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rare Colt in 22 rimfire for sale for big dollars, $11,500 at Collectors Firearms in Houston. This gunshop has an amazing assortment of firearms for sale and a good website to peruse and daydream about owning fine guns and buying the occasional "must have' gun. It is where I found my Ruger stainless 10/22 with Mannlicher stock back in 2011.

Rare Colt Single Action Army 22 Caliber (AC511) (collectorsfirearms.com)

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Rare Colt in 22 rimfire for sale for big dollars, $11,500 at Collectors Firearms in Houston. This gunshop has an amazing assortment of firearms for sale and a good website to peruse and daydream about owning fine guns and buying the occasional "must have' gun. It is where I found my Ruger stainless 10/22 with Mannlicher stock back in 2011.

Rare Colt Single Action Army 22 Caliber (AC511) (collectorsfirearms.com)
Are you buying that beauty? That is more than just a conversation piece. Nice find.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The value of any gun is what someone is willing to pay for it. I was in the shop and looked it over really good. NONE of the screw heads are buggered up, and the finish is flawless as is the crown. They wouldn't let me open or turn the cylinder but there weren't any drag marks from the cylinder hand on it. The salesman wasn't sure if it was 22 Long or 22 Long Rifle (which was introduced in 1887 by UMC). This gun was made in 1891, the same year Marlin came out with a 22 Rimfire rifle with lever action and side loading gate. That gun evolved over time and became the Marlin 39A.

I can't afford this Colt pistol but it sure piqued my interest, and it was great fun to admire and hold it in person. While I was at the store, I bought some of the new Federal Punch 22WMR ammo for my Ruger Single Six and Thompson Contender 22 mag barrel.

I spent 2 hours in the store just browsing around. The place is like a museum of stuff you can buy. There was a rack of old Mausers I went through in all kinds of calibers and conditions. I'm thinking about getting a 6.5, they had a few and there was also a nice BRNO CZ in that caliber and some old Arisaka's and 6.5x55 Swedes.

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
With single actions, the rarities are with rare calibers, unusual barrel length, confirmed factory special orders, military guns and guns shipped to famous people or localities.
any single action that was made in a particular caliber with as few as 200 or less originally built is going to go for big bucks.
as far a military issue colt single action, original all matching cavalry models with good amounts of finish left will run about 25k, and guns in the so called Custer range even more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts