Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several thousand cast bullets on hand; they are from a Lee 185 Gr. LSWC mold. I'm thinking of getting a Lone Wolf barrel for my Glock 30 so I can practice using lead bullets. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these, and are there are any feeding problems with this combination? Thanks.

·
20,407 Posts
I've tried most 200-gr varieties through my old G30 with no success whatsoever. Due to the short action and feed ramp angle, the fired casing hangs on the shoulder of the next round in the magazine. As Butch said, the 185's may work. All you can do is try. I used my stock barrel.

·
Registered
13,441 Posts
i've got SWCs to feed in the .40s with no problems but never had any luck at all in the .45 glocks.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I also had problems years ago with cast SWC's when shooting a G-21 in USPSA. I took it to the factory & they even shot some of my reloads in their range. Of course, there were no problems in their presence. :crying:

I changed to cast 225 gr truncated cones & had no failure in thousands of rounds thereafter. I have long since switched to plated bullets (Berry's or Rainier).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts