Glock Talk banner

180 grain Hollow Point Prvi Partizan Ammo 500 rounds $200

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Andrew Wiggin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
When I found this ammo on SG’s site last week they had 28 case so I ordered one.

A few days later they still had 26 cases so I got worried about the quality and posted here to fish for opinions.

I check the thread today and there is only one reply so I check SG and the ammo is sold out.

So I’m confused, did anyone get any from this forum get any of this ammo or did it go somewhere else?

#10 ·
FYI I have shot about 500 rounds of this stuff before finding a case that had a huge split in it. Factory new loads from Privi not reloaded brass. It is soft shooting and in that specific range session I was firing about 100 rounds in a factory stock g29 I'm good condition. No other signs of over pressure to the case, no change felt in recoil or sound. Ill post pics once I get home if you'd like of the cartridge, lot # and chamber/gun. Buyer beware with this stuff. Split case scares me especially with such "light" ammo.

#15 ·
I finally made it to the range today to test this ammo in my G20 Long Slide.

Bobby Carver set the slide up to cycle with 180+P ammo so I had some concerns

However, it worked flawlessly and I had zero malfunctions in 2 different mags with a dirty gun.

I’ll buy another 500 if the price is ever close to $20 a box again.

#18 ·
I tested it in gelatin and the results were underwhelming.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PdOyZiWThU"]Gel test: 10mm 180 gr Prvi Partizan JHP - YouTube[/ame]

I also pulled some bullets and loaded them back into their original primed cases with 11.2 gr of AA#7. That got 1,194 fps, 18.75" penetration in gelatin, 0.668" max expansion, 0.617" min expansion, and 172.5 gr retained weight. Video and pics weren't very good so I didn't post a video.

Fairly typical for a non-bonded JHP in 10mm. If someone could convince PPU to load them to real 10mm velocity, they'd be pretty decent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.