close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

180 golden sabre bullets with autocomp

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by one73maro, Oct 14, 2010.

1. one73maro

one73maro

Looking to load some 40 cal 180 gr golden sabres with autocomp powder. Anybody have any good loads for me out there with these components. Thanks for any info yall could pass along. Jeff

2. albyihat

albyihat

data on autocomp is avaliable on hodgdon's website. I have never used it so that is all I got.

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Are you looking to shoot a major power, USPSA limited load, through a compensated gun? I ask because "Autocomp" powder is made for such applications and it seems a little strange your attempting to load 180 GS bullets with it. :upeyes:

4. one73maro

one73maro

Just looking to load some range rounds and the sabres for some hog finishers. I'm new to this and the autocomp was suggested by the salesman at cabelas. If it's not a good powder for my intended use than I will just set it to the side and buy a different powder. Any powder and load suggestions would be much appreciated. I will be using these in a xd tactical, xd sc, g23 and a g27. Thanks Jeff

5. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

No, not a good powder at all for your uncompensated guns. I personally would take it back and if not given an exchange or refund. Pour it on top of the counter of the saleman that recommended it, who obviously doesn't know a damm thing. :steamed:
    I would recommend for .40 WST for midrange plinking or WSF for full power loads your guns.

6. one73maro

one73maro

Ok thanks for the powder suggestion. I will get the wst then. I will just look around here and find someone local that uses it and trade it. Thanks again! Jeff